Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zammin PC Specs
    Zammin PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel 9900K (Conductonaut Applied)
    Memory (part number)G Skill 3200Mhz Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200Mhz CL16
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 600
    Headset Astro A50 (Gen 2)
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305 Mk II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

So this morning I ran into the issue again where AURA was not detecting 2 of my 4 RAM sticks. This time I tried the same thing as last time (shut down, drain all power and power back on) but it didn't work. I then tried reseating the two ram sticks that were affected and it was still happening. Bloody hell.

I found there was a new version of AURA so I uninstalled my current version and installed the new one. I got the same crashing problem as the others here. It would always fail to start. However I managed to get it working by uninstalling it and reinstalling it but using "setup.exe" instead of "AsusSetup.exe".

My RAM is fully detected by AURA again but this version has some issues.. When I try to change more than one thing at a time (under static colours>by area) it changes many of my LEDs to random colours. The only way around it is to hit apply after each individual colour change. The other issue is when I change the number in the "Amount of LEDS" in the ADD STRIP settings screen it reverts all of my settings back to rainbow every time.

This software is truly a mess. Not only does it have very limited/basic functionality but it's incredibly buggy and unreliable. I will be very upset if I wake up tomorrow to find that 2 of my RAM sticks are stuck on their default rainbow effect again.. I don't want to have to go through this crap every day.

I would really appreciate it if one of the Dev's could be present in this thread so we know that they are listening and perhaps give some feedback as to whether these issues are being resolved.
    Last edited by Zammin; 09-13-2018 at 03:47 AM.

ROG Member Array JohnJohn222 PC Specs
    JohnJohn222 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG GL553VE
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS X HERO WIFI AC
    ProcessorINTEL 8700K @ 5.1GHZ
    Memory (part number)( 8GBx2 ) DDR4/3200 G.SKILL Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1ZOTAC GTX 1080 FE
    MonitorASUS PG348Q
    CPU CoolerRaystorm PRO RGB/360RAD/Custom Loop
    CaseThermaltake Core P5
    Power SupplyThermaltake Tough Power Grand 850
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Galdius II
    OS Window 10 PRO 64

[Zammin;735175]

I had similar issues as you with the color changes from static. I start with everything as static same color, then change one thing IE: Back-IO and it would additionally change another item to same color. Would not let me change the other item to a different color. Or it would not allow me to change anything. I uninstalled and went back to 1.06.17 and everything works as normal for me.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Abaidor PC Specs
    Abaidor PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7940X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR | Trident Z RGB 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2WD 10TB Gold
    CPU CoolerEK Rampage VI Monoblock
    CaseC0smos 2 Modded
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn222 View Post
    [Zammin;735175]

I had similar issues as you with the color changes from static. I start with everything as static same color, then change one thing IE: Back-IO and it would additionally change another item to same color. Would not let me change the other item to a different color. Or it would not allow me to change anything. I uninstalled and went back to 1.06.17 and everything works as normal for me.

Hmm, I have 1.06.17 and I have issues to . For example the speed settings do not work on slow - still changing colors fast. My Trident Z RAM does not turn off while on sleep although I think that is because G.Skill powers the led from the modules so no way to turn them off while on sleep (RAM is still powered). However, the RAM will occasionally go out of sync or a module will not light up until a restart.

The back plate of my ROG Strix 1080Ti OC is out of sync with the rest of the system.

There is also lack of proper control on devices. For example how do you set individual effects on each component if not synced?

I have everything set on rainbow gradient mode now and the devices I am using are:

MB - Lights
    Phanteks Halo Digital Lux (30 Addressable LEDS - This thing ROCKS!)
    Phanteks 1080Ti Waterblock
    Heatkiller Reservoir LED Strip
    Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    Bitfenix 200mm FAN RGB
    Trident Z RGB RAM 4X modules
    EK Rampage VI Monoblock RGB

They need to rewrite the software and allow for further control because as it stands right now it leaves a lot to be desired especially compared to Corsairs iCUE. I am on a Rampage VIE.

I am going to build another PC soon will try going full corsair this time.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwind View Post
    I have had my MB that has RGB lighting for 18 months now, I have always kept the aura software upto date and my pc is always kept tidy no bloatware ect just the software that I use.
    In the 18 months I been usiing aura it has actually worked correctly for maybe 3 weeks overall, at the moment it is working the best it ever has but every time I reboot my pc the rgb lighting on my 1080ti resets to the factory default colour and strobes (not what it is set to)
    I find this very poor for a premium product and really not acceptable, I dont use the AI suite software as I find this to be as buggy and useless as aura.
    If this happened in many other industries the manufacturer would be held responsible for not supplying the product that was advertised.

ASUS get you **** together with your software it sucks ass big time
    Which motherboard do you have, and are you on the latest BIOS version?

Zammin PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Abaidor View Post

*SNIP*

There is also lack of proper control on devices. For example how do you set individual effects on each component if not synced?

*SNIP*

They need to rewrite the software and allow for further control because as it stands right now it leaves a lot to be desired especially compared to Corsairs iCUE. I am on a Rampage VIE.

I am going to build another PC soon will try going full corsair this time.
    This really annoys me as well, there is a distinct lack of functionality in AURA. There'e the lack of choosing different effects for different devices as well as the complete lack of proper addressable RGB functionality. If you have any addressable RGB strips/product you cannot choose what colour you want each of the LEDs, which is kind of what the whole addressable RGB thing is about. So really all you can do is run pretty rainbow effects with your addressable RGBs and the rest is the same as every other RGB product.

I don't think any motherboard lighting software allows you to set lighting or performance profiles for different applications. This is where Corsair iCUE comes in. While I have mixed opinions about some of Corsair's products, I find iCUE to be far superior to any other lighting control/fan control software. iCUE is the sole reason I bought a Commander Pro, Corsair RGB fans and LED strips. My whole watercooling system is running off the Commander Pro as is most of my lighting. Being able to set profiles per application is great. I can have the system nice and quiet during desktop operation and have it automatically switch to performance mode when I launch games or benchmarking software, as well as lighting themes that match the game/app.

I really wanted AURA and AI Suite to have this kind of functionality so I could just plug everything into my motherboard but both applications fell short of my expectations.

Hopefully AURA and AI Suite can be properly revisited and revamped in the future with this kind of functionality and perhaps even integrate AURAs functions into AI suite.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Well the only additional lightning controlling application is ASUS AURA (GFX Card) if you want to change that as opposed to the Sync

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

The Aura Lightingservice crashes whenever I perform a memory read and write test in Aida64. Aura won't start any longer, lighting freezes on motherboard, and it cause 1 CPU core to be pegged at 100% until I kill the service.

Rampage VI Apex

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hello everyone,

0.0.6.1 version of AURA Sync (Graphics Card Only) has just been released : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...XG-STATION.zip
    Wondering if they have resolved the ledcontrolservice.exe UAC prompt in Windows 10 or ignored as usual, while just adding support for newer gfx cards.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crasje's Avatar

Guys,

Was this software released in April and there has not been a new version yet?*

Seriously?*
    Cooler Master Cosmos II (with glass side panel)
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
    ROG Asus Maximus IX Formula
    Intel Core i7-7700k
    Corsair Hydro Series H115i CPU Cooler
    Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3000Mhz
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME M.2 SSD
    Crucial SSD M500 480GB
    Seagate Firecuda 1TB
    Samsung SH-224DB (SATA, 24x)
    ROG Strix Gaming GTX980Ti DC30C 6GD5
    Monitor 1: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
    ROG Claymore
    ROG Spatha
    ROG Balteus Qi
    Windows 10

Zammin PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Crasje View Post
    Guys,

Was this software released in April and there has not been a new version yet?*

Seriously?*
    The current version of AURA sync came out around 2 weeks ago I believe.
    Last edited by Zammin; 09-22-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast