Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Ring 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Strix
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    Headset Logitech933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Please delete your browser cookies and try it again. I go straight to a download.

CPU i7 8700K: MB: ROG Strix Z370-E Corsair Vengeance 3000 (4x8GB) : GTX-1080: Samsung 970 EVO, 2 x Kingston Hyper X
    500GB Velocerapter, PSU Corsair RM 850x
    Case Thermaltake View 71: Cooling Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 mm

ROG Member Array

Hoping someone can help me here.
    I have the latest Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero motherboard with the latest bios installed. I have GSkill RGB RAM, Themaltake Riing Plus Fans with the Thermaltake TT Sync controller, an Asus ROG Strix 2080 Graphics card and an RGB LED strip.

I installed the latest Aura software from the motherboard download site and now when I fire it up I get the error - please connect an Aura Sync compatible device" All of these devices are Aura compatible and are lighting up but I cannot control them as Aura cannot see them!!!

I downloaded and installed an earlier version of Aura 1.06.17 and it works fine except as it is an early version it does not recognise the Riing Fans or Graphics card but I can control the motherboard led and the led strip colours. I also downloaded the specific Aura software for the RGB on the 2080 and strangely enough it works too and can see the card fine but Aura itself cannot. So now I can control everything except my RGB fans which to be blunt is a pain as on my old Z370 board Aura controlled everything just fine. Can someone please help me out as to why the latest version of Aura Syn cannot detect any compatible devices yet a very old version at least detects the motherboard and LEDs ... I have uninstalled and re-installed the software until I am blue in the face. I have enabled and disabled bios settings as well as switching completely off and removing the plug to NO avail .... help please !!!!
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture.PNG  

Last edited by loquacious; 10-30-2018 at 03:16 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Can you try perform a cleanup with AURA Cleaner : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xa-...IZW9K-u-xcOytN
    MoKiChU
    Google says File Unavailable for AURA Cleaner.

Unhappy wth

Updated today to Aura 1.07.22 release
    Followed the instructions provided on my motherboard's download section (Crosshair VI Hero)
    I am running Windows 10 x64 without October update
    Well, it does not work. I get this error message:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warning.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	76747
    The software does not detect neither motherboard nor compatible RAM

I read a few threads on the site and tried the following
    >Uninstall
    >Reboot
    >Run Aura cleaner
    >Cleanup registry with Ccleaner
    >Reboot
    >Install
    >Reboot

I still get the same error. Also tried to just install the older version that would work properly but the old version now also gives me the same error
    I have noticed that in C:\Program Files\ASUS there's only one subfolder called AuraSDK, I remember it being full of folders for all supported devices.
    The process has been repeated several times and occasionally not even the AuraSDK folder is installed.

What do? Help

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by PwnSensei View Post
    Updated today to Aura 1.07.22 release
    Followed the instructions provided on my motherboard's download section (Crosshair VI Hero)
    I am running Windows 10 x64 without October update
    Well, it does not work. I get this error message:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warning.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	76747
    The software does not detect neither motherboard nor compatible RAM

I read a few threads on the site and tried the following
    >Uninstall
    >Reboot
    >Run Aura cleaner
    >Cleanup registry with Ccleaner
    >Reboot
    >Install
    >Reboot

I still get the same error. Also tried to just install the older version that would work properly but the old version now also gives me the same error
    I have noticed that in C:\Program Files\ASUS there's only one subfolder called AuraSDK, I remember it being full of folders for all supported devices.
    The process has been repeated several times and occasionally not even the AuraSDK folder is installed.

What do? Help
    Run regedit
    Search for Aura
    Remove all traces of Aura with delete key hitting F3 to move onto the next found Aura in the registry
    reboot
    reinstall the app

Asus uninstall is useless along with the Aura cleaner. I'm also not so sure that ccleaner does a good enough job.

Quote Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
    Run regedit
    Search for Aura
    Remove all traces of Aura with delete key hitting F3 to move onto the next found Aura in the registry
    reboot
    reinstall the app

Asus uninstall is useless along with the Aura cleaner. I'm also not so sure that ccleaner does a good enough job.
    Didn't work but thanks for trying.

ROG Enthusiast Array

1 - Try CLR CMOS and if that does not work,

2 -Try re-flashing the BIOS.

There are several people in recent threads having this same problem. Getting Aura to work seems to be a crap shoot. It seems like the Aura chip gets buggered up and then will not recognize the mobo, and/or RGB DIMMs, and/or RGB GPU, etc. Re-flashing BIOS might clear it up.

Last Resort -

You can re-flash the Aura Chip itself. I had to do this in December of last year on my Max X Hero wifi. Here is the link to the instructions which Raja from Asus posted last July. This is for when "RGB lighting stops working on your board and you tried everything else (updating to latest AURA and motherboard BIOS version, toggling lighting on/off)". Try at your own risk. It did work for me on my Max X Hero wifi when I did it. What I don't know is if the file at this link is still valid. The thread is closed and has never been updated.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-recovery-tool

Good luck!

Found a solution:
    >Uninstall
    >Reboot
    >Run Aura Cleaner
    >Navigate explorer to extracted Aura folder installer (Lighting_Control_1.07.22\LightingService\aac) and run each executable inside of the folder, uninstall all of them when prompted.
    >Cleanup Registry with Ccleaner
    >Reboot
    >Install Aura
    >Reboot
    Now it should work.
    If it doesn't it means the installer fails to install all the modules within the "aac" directory we have navigated to before. In that case, run each of those executables once again and restart Aura.

I urge Asus to fix the uninstall process of their Aura software as well as their Ai Suite software. Updating or solving problems is a real pain in the ass for experienced users, imagine how awful it must be for most users who don't even know how to get around.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Congratulations. I have filed your solution away for future reference. So you are saying that Uninstall and Aura Cleaner do not remove whatever these Setup.exe files install, and that if you run them and select Uninstall for each one, then reg clean, reboot, install, that it fixes the problem. May I ask how you came to try this?

I read that the setup files in \Lighting_Control_1.07.22\LightingService\aac are for various 3rd party devices that are "Aura Certified", and that you don't have to install them all - you can trim Aura down and only install setup files for hardware that you have . I don't know if you can just delete the ones you don't need, and I don't know if you can add one later.

There are people with the same issue posting on other threads on this forum and on OC.net. I wonder if doing this will resolve their issues as well. Thanks for posting it. Hopefully it will help others who are fighting with Aura right now.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

Guys I have installed ASUS Aura Softare and option to change RGB LED on Motherboard and Graphic card.
    Now I see some softare AURA (Graphic Card). I saw grey option in GPU Tweak 2 and now I'm curios what's difference between them and what you recommend me, to install that or not.
    RGB Change work on Mobo and GPU with regular AURA Software.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/AUR...pDesk_Download

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast