MonitorLG 34UM69G-B
    Storage #1SK Hynix PC200 M.2 2280 512GB
    Storage #2Kingston Hyperx v1 120GB SH100S3B/120G
    CPU CoolerAlpenföehn Matterhorn white edition
    CaseNZXT S340 Elite White
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus Plus 550FX
    Keyboard Logitech K780
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    Mouse Pad 140x70cm almost full table (high sense)
    Headset/Speakers Genius HT-3600
    OS W10
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U

Quote Originally Posted by Ingvarr100th View Post
    You can do nothing. Those problems is the effect of low quality code. We all have this issues and there's no solution for them.
    I'm right here. I've wrote that little life savior for myself because i either sell the thing, or trash it out the window, or....... well....... use this workaround as there is nothing else out there. AND hell yeah i want aura in my machine! It's a glowing "geode", love how it looks! (will publish once ready 100%)

Also i've noticed that Asus is covering itself with that ******* high CPU usage..... well, Philips just released the new entertainment Hue Sync software what puts Aura sync to shame and dust in a splitsecond, yet! that is using 0-0,4% CPU constant, syncing to 8 extended color bulbs over the network without a glitch!
    Or Razer with it's chroma devices...... come on!!! You can even drive these addressable strips with arduino to make ambilight behind any TV.

So again, #ASUS_DO_SOMETHING!!! THIS IS CRAZY!!!.....

Thanks in advance! A fan of aura who wants to stay one.... goddamnit!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm using Corsair Link software to control LED strips, LED LL fans and AIO cooling also and it's well optimized working below 1% CPU usage.
    Last edited by Ingvarr100th; 06-05-2018 at 09:11 PM.

New ROGer Array

Im also seeing here LightningService using around 10%+ CPU usage at times on an overclocked 8700k processor.

New ROGer Array GeeZr PC Specs
    GeeZr PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z270F Strix
    ProcessorIntel i5 7600K
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 Strix
    MonitorASUS MG248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB
    Storage #2Seagate Video ST00VM003 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X TE
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Razer Kraken V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly
    OS Windows 10 Home

Quote Originally Posted by swindles View Post
    +1 on that one my friend, had this problem since forever getting up to 10% on a 8700K, I did find though since I only put my computer to sleep that if I put the task as low priority it won't happen as often.

I also saw on another thread that someone actually made a powershell script to help combat the issue found:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...n-i9-7900X-CPU

The annoying thing is that from looking at the forums I've found that they're saying it's normal for custom colours/settings to cause high usage, however I don't understand how it uses 2% most of the time or/and when refreshed, then leaks to around 10-20% is due to "settings/custom colours" when in fact it's clearly not the complicated "gradient rainbow setting, custom colours or custom settings" using these resources otherwise it would always be 10%
    I'd like for Asus is at least acknowledging this issue. When a gaming brand kills the performance of other components on a gaming branded piece of hardware it's downright embarrassing.

New ROGer Array

Aura Won't Detect R5E10

Aura will detect my graphics card but my mobo won"t show up no matter what I do. I have tried updating the BIOS and updating Aura but nothing works, it still won't show up.

ROG Member Array Velcade PC Specs
    Velcade PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel - Core i7-8700K 5.0GHz 6-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING
    MonitorPG279Q ROG Swift
    Storage #1Crucial - MX500 2TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage #2Western Digital - Gold 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    CPU CoolerFractal Design - Celsius S36 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    CaseFractal Design - Define R6 Gunmetal TG ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power SupplyEVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Headset Sennheiser HD650
    OS Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
    Network RouterRT-N66U
    Accessory #1 Blue Yeti Microphone

I wanted to install the newest version of Aura Sync but I can't seem to uninstall the old version. It keeps saying 'a critical error' has occurred and then it stops the uninstall. Any ideas on how to remove it? Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Just purchased my first addressable RGB strip, 5v, 1 meter, 60 LED. Only the first LED will light up, and only when attached to ADD header 2 on my X Code board. The LED won't respond to on/off or change color. Thoughts?

ROG Member Array Sapphiress PC Specs
    Sapphiress PC Specs
    MotherboardASRock X470 Master SLI/AC
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Monitor3 x HP 22eb IPS LED Monitors
    Storage #11TB Samsung EVO 860 SSD
    Storage #24TB Seagate Barracuda Mechanical HDD
    CPU CoolerDEEPCOOL Captain 240EX
    CaseAZZA GT-1
    Power SupplyCorsair CX600
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow Chroma V2
    Mouse RAZER Deathadder Chroma
    Headset RAZER Timat V2 7.1ch DTS
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly Chroma
    Headset/Speakers Samsung Sound Bar 5.1ch w/ Sennheiser Subs
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by Ingvarr100th View Post
    You can do nothing. Those problems is the effect of low quality code. We all have this issues and there's no solution for them.
    You'd think a company with such great hardware and BIOSes could get software right. Writing a BIOS is ASM is a lot more challenging than Writing something like AURA or AI Suite in C#/C++ yet the software is horrible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well nice to see this software is still a crap shoot. I just got Corsair RGB ram in yesterday. Fired up AURA and all that was there was my mobo and led strip. So I hit the forums here and saw a different version. This one installs with the new logo as the icon. The version I had was a red icon. Anyway the only thing that showed up on my game rig in Aura was the ram. Where the heck is the mobo and the led strip settings........

Fast forward to today I attempt to open the software again to see if many something just didn't take from when I started it yesterday. Well the program won't even start. I just get the program has stopped responding/searching for a fix pop up. Earlier today I installed the new version on my media server which is getting G.Skill RGB ram installed tomorrow. I just blew the case out prepping for some cooling changes and the ram so it got the reboot that Aura wanted after installing.

Low and behold I get the same exact pop up on this computer also. So I can't even get into Aura on either computer with fresh installs of the software. Tell me I'm not going to get stuck with rainbow tomorrow when I install the G.Skill ram. That's not going to fly.

Not that it really matters with glancing the forums as it sure isn't peoples computers/motherboards causing the problem but the boards I'm using are:
    MVIIIF
    Z270G

Fix the software or stop advertising the ability to do what the software is claimed to do and the ability to have RGB lighting because customers can't if it doesn't work. FALSE ADVERTISING!
    Last edited by scgt1; 06-13-2018 at 05:01 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

MSI and mystic light but Asus and their dodgy aura to shame.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast