Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

FOr the moment is working 100%. BUT!!!! is using 14 to 17% of CPU just sitting there. And now since yesteday. issues appear. and it appear my machine z270 her ix is a x99

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
    aura+0xdadc
    aura+0x76d83
    aura+0x6fbd1
    aura+0x27643
    aura+0x2beaf
    aura+0x2628c
    aura+0x9bcbc
    aura+0xb2754

ROG Guru: White Belt Array KeksimusMaximus PC Specs
    KeksimusMaximus PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero
    Processori7-8700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3
    MonitorDell s2718dg A04
    Storage #1Crucial MX100 128GB
    Storage #2WD Black 500GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT S340 Elite
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 650
    Keyboard CoolerMaster Masterkeys L White
    Mouse Tracer Pert TRM-503
    Headset HyperX Cloud I
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Does this "Lighting_Control_1.06.17" replace Asus Aura or its same software?

Do i remove Asus Aura before installing this Lighting Control?
    Dargus Maximus
    ~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
    My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

ROG Guru: White Belt Array KeksimusMaximus PC Specs
    KeksimusMaximus PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero
    Processori7-8700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3
    MonitorDell s2718dg A04
    Storage #1Crucial MX100 128GB
    Storage #2WD Black 500GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT S340 Elite
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 650
    Keyboard CoolerMaster Masterkeys L White
    Mouse Tracer Pert TRM-503
    Headset HyperX Cloud I
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hello everyone,

Version 1.06.17 of AURA Sync has just been released : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...ol_1.06.17.zip
    Why is this thread not posted by Asus official moderator/staff? Did they completely abandon community and stopped listening to feedback?

1. Colour cycle mode still completley ignores strip CALIBRATION result Unfixed bug for at east 6 months.

Asus Aura will completely ignore strip "Calibration" and will default to its stock header configuration. when used with colour cycle mode.
    And please, dont reply with "Asus motherboard headers are 12V GRB ....." The whole point of CALIBRATION is to tell SOFTWARE how to map outputs to hardware.
    Literally all the Aura has to do is swap GRB colour uint8 values into different variable to match strip calibration result. This is, since version x.25, still broken.

2. Your AURA firmware is fundamentally bugged and thats why you wont allow more than 120 addressable LEDs - fix your programming

Based on my test, currently, the maximum number of supported addressable LEDs is 127 (despite 120 being software cap in Aura, i achieved 127 using *.xml trick but not more).
    The 127 seems like awfully random and arbitrary number.... but its not. Asus Aura uses separate embedded controller for its RGB control with its own firmware. Most common are 8-bit MCUs which operate on 8-bit data types. Lets look at data type called int8, it can store values from -128 to +127 Coincidence? I think not. If we start indexing LEDs from 1 to 127 then it matches perfectly why the 127 is maximum number of addressable LEDs supported by Asus Aura.

And inb4 "we cant update firmware", yes you can, in one of troubleshooting thread you published a tool that can reflash Asus Aura controller firmware (you were suggesting people to do it if their RGB motherboards are not detected.

FIX your programming ASUS, the proper data type should be uint8 that can store numbers from 0 to 255 or even uint16. We dont need negative LED indexes....
    Dargus Maximus
    ~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
    My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74's Avatar

@Bahz I have an issue I believe Aura 1.06.17 is causing my pc to wake from sleep after approx 1 hour then when I try to open Aura it fails to load and opens my browser & Dr Dump page opens & says report has successfully been uploaded (what is this?). same as other people. Also all my leds are flashing the default color cycle mode instead of my chosen setting when this occurs. Please fix?
    This is what like the 15th version of Aura and its still not even close to being fixed. Alot of us are getting frustrated.

For those of you saying Aura is working fine on your system, give it a few days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aura dr dump.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	73517

Motherboard: Maximus 9 Formula
    BIOS version: 1301
    Processor: 7700k
    Memory kit: F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics card: 980ti K|NGP|N
    Mouse: Razer Basilisk
    Keyboard: Wooting One
    Cooling solution: Custom
    Aura version: newest 1.06.17

Im posting here cause It seems as though @Bahz hasnt opened a thread yet for the newest version of Aura (lighting Control)

EDIT: I just followed Bahz instructions on how to remove Aura I just tried uninstalling Aura from the control panel and it would not completely uninstall (still showed in program list after several reboots so I used the Aura cleaner and it did absolutely NOTHING!
    I had to download Revo uninstaller to finally uninstall Aura and get this it found 270 leftover registry files!!! and 8 files and folders. This is nonsense
    ASUS hire somebody thats know what they are doing to write these programs for gods sake!
    Last edited by sdmf74; 04-28-2018 at 03:37 AM.
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ Alphacool Monsta & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

ROG Junior Member Array

ISSUE - AURA SYNC - B250i - PHANTEK CASE

Hi All,

I am having an issue that's stressing my brain out.

Hardeware:
    Asus b250i rog strix
    Various RGB components
    Phantek Enthoo Evolve Case

The reason I mention the case is that it has its own RGB controller on the front panel for the power button and front panel LED. So it has its own RGB effects.
    http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv...eredGlass.html

I tried to sync my motherboard and components to the cases RGB system. I did not realise you have to alter the Case's RGB controller to do this. You cant just plug in the motherboard to the case RGB as it conflicts.

SO ITS CONFLICTED

Now all my RGB components are showing incorrect colours. I have unplugged from the CASE RGB. My RGB used to work correctly before I plugged into case.
    RED is showing as - Purple
    GREEN is showing as - Teal/turqoise light blue
    BLUE - Is showing correctly. Weird.

When I turn off the motherboards RGB system the Motherboards RGB turns off but all my components turn to blue. Cant turn them off.

It seems like the CASE controller has reconfigured the motherboards controller to show different colours instead of the proper colours as stated above.
    I have tried calibrating the RGB header. Doesnt help.

ANY IDEAS?

Name:	20180428_182429_resized.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	360.9 KB 
ID:	73531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180428_182436_resized.jpg 
Size:	356.5 KB 
ID:	73532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180428_182444_resized.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	370.9 KB 
ID:	73533

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie! View Post
    Hi All,

I am having an issue that's stressing my brain out.

Hardeware:
    Asus b250i rog strix
    Various RGB components
    Phantek Enthoo Evolve Case

The reason I mention the case is that it has its own RGB controller on the front panel for the power button and front panel LED. So it has its own RGB effects.
    http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv...eredGlass.html

I tried to sync my motherboard and components to the cases RGB system. I did not realise you have to alter the Case's RGB controller to do this. You cant just plug in the motherboard to the case RGB as it conflicts.

SO ITS CONFLICTED

Now all my RGB components are showing incorrect colours. I have unplugged from the CASE RGB. My RGB used to work correctly before I plugged into case.
    RED is showing as - Purple
    GREEN is showing as - Teal/turqoise light blue
    BLUE - Is showing correctly. Weird.

When I turn off the motherboards RGB system the Motherboards RGB turns off but all my components turn to blue. Cant turn them off.

It seems like the CASE controller has reconfigured the motherboards controller to show different colours instead of the proper colours as stated above.
    I have tried calibrating the RGB header. Doesnt help.

ANY IDEAS?

Name:	20180428_182429_resized.jpg 
Size:	360.9 KB 
ID:	73531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180428_182436_resized.jpg 
Size:	356.5 KB 
ID:	73532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180428_182444_resized.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	370.9 KB 
ID:	73533
    You will need the Phanteks RGB Mobo adapter. Mandatory as the layout used by Phanteks are not standard hence the wrong color (don't try to calibrate it won't work with the controller on - with it off I am not sure though but better to use the adapter as it will correct the pins layout).

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

Then follow to the letter the manual provided with the cable. Mostly you will need to disable the rgb controller by long pressing the rgb control button on the Phanteks control panel until the light turn off. You can then use that switch as a reset button with a cable extension (Dupont male connector will fit in the JST of that cable).
    The rest is straightforward.
    Last edited by namoi; 04-28-2018 at 07:39 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by namoi View Post
    You will need the Phanteks RGB Mobo adapter. Mandatory as the layout used by Phanteks are not standard hence the wrong color (don't try to calibrate it won't work with the controller on - with it off I am not sure though but better to use the adapter as it will correct the pins layout).

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

Then follow to the letter the manual provided with the cable. Mostly you will need to disable the rgb controller by long pressing the rgb control button on the Phanteks control panel until the light turn off. You can then use that switch as a reset button with a cable extension (Dupont male connector will fit in the JST of that cable).
    The rest is straightforward.

Hi There, Thanks for your response.

I do have the phantek RGB adapter. That is what I had used to connect the motherboard to the pahntek case. However I did not long press the reset button which is probably the problem here.

Regardless my motherboard is no longer connected to the case at all and my RGB lighting is wonky. It used to work correctly.
    My RGB components are made up of 3 LED strips , 2 fans and 1 CPU cooler block.
    1 of the LED strips are a phantek LED strip and has the phantek connection, my CPU cooler block (deepcool captain ex240 RGB) also has the same phantek connector however the other components, 2 LED strips & 2 fans have a different connector (pins)

I managed to wire these all together using

(https://za.etzetra.com/products/1pc-...hoCdagQAvD_BwE)

Now there was some "jimmy" work, cutting of cables, manually connecting PINS to phantek connectors. I managed to work it out and get it all correct. The system was working great, all colours corresponded. The problem arose when I connected that working system to the case incorrectly...

Now, when I plug in even 1 RGB component to the motherboard, LED strip or fan, the colours are incorrect. Purple, teal, blue. Which means the motherboard is pushing out the wrong colours.......... Does not matter if I use the phantek LED adapter or the one that came with the motherboard.

NOTE: When I recieved this case the default colour on the LED on the front of the case was a light pink. When my system was connected to it, it turned my system light pink. Now my system will NOT go red or green or blue properly.

Strange

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie! View Post
    Hi There, Thanks for your response.

I do have the phantek RGB adapter. That is what I had used to connect the motherboard to the pahntek case. However I did not long press the reset button which is probably the problem here.

Regardless my motherboard is no longer connected to the case at all and my RGB lighting is wonky. It used to work correctly.
    My RGB components are made up of 3 LED strips , 2 fans and 1 CPU cooler block.
    1 of the LED strips are a phantek LED strip and has the phantek connection, my CPU cooler block (deepcool captain ex240 RGB) also has the same phantek connector however the other components, 2 LED strips & 2 fans have a different connector (pins)

I managed to wire these all together using

(https://za.etzetra.com/products/1pc-...hoCdagQAvD_BwE)

Now there was some "jimmy" work, cutting of cables, manually connecting PINS to phantek connectors. I managed to work it out and get it all correct. The system was working great, all colours corresponded. The problem arose when I connected that working system to the case incorrectly...

Now, when I plug in even 1 RGB component to the motherboard, LED strip or fan, the colours are incorrect. Purple, teal, blue. Which means the motherboard is pushing out the wrong colours.......... Does not matter if I use the phantek LED adapter or the one that came with the motherboard.

NOTE: When I recieved this case the default colour on the LED on the front of the case was a light pink. When my system was connected to it, it turned my system light pink. Now my system will NOT go red or green or blue properly.

Strange
    Well my guess is the Phanteks RGB controller used alongside Aura messed up the lighting somehow.
    Do your mobo lights or RAM or GPU light (if any) work normally (ie Is the rgb header the only problem ?) If yes just plug the captain ex with its own cable and check, if no :

What I would do first is removing ALL devices connected to the Mobo RGB header then uninstalling thoroughly Aura (Use Aura Cleaner AND a registry cleaner to get ride of the leftovers - I really mean it, that last part is really important) then install it again and check with only the captain ex rgb (this one has a standard pins layout).

If the problem is still present I would try to reset the CMOS.
    If still no luck, reflash the bios maybe (don't think it will help, but when we are in ****...)

Finally if it doesn't help, well you probably screwed your Aura chipset firmware and reflashing it is maybe the only solution. There is a special tool for this (look in this forum) but i don't remember if it is an universal one or for some motherboards model only.

Good luck

ROG Member Array

Where is the "independent control" tab? I've tried every version of Aura I can find, including this newest built and the only option I have is "Sync All".

ROG Member Array varnavas PC Specs
    varnavas PC Specs
    Motherboardasus 970 gaming\aura
    Processorfx-8350
    Graphics Card #1asus strix 1070
    Storage #1kingston 240gb ssd
    Storage #2wd 1tb and 2tb
    CPU Coolercorsair h110v2
    Casecorsair 570x
    Power Supplytherlmatake 850watt
    Keyboard corsair k70 lux
    Mouse rog spatha
    Headset rog centurios
    Mouse Pad corsair mm800
    OS window 10 64bit

hello every one i want to inform the problem with detected parts still on i have 970 pro gaming/aura and i download the latest aura driver from support site of my motherboard and only my strix 1070 is detected from the software and i make all the solution reset bios take out the power and wait for 10 minutes and after that plug in again and everything and the problem still there any help please ?

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast