cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS FX502VML - fans keep turning full power then suddenly off

kokoz
Level 7
Hi guys,

I got my computer back in December 2016 and by far everything was quite OK, although three months ago it has been serviced for a faulty keyboard backspace and also throttling for no reason.

The issue that I mentioned in the title I noticed exactly 2 weeks back - Saturday 7th of April. I turned on my computer early in the morning and the fans would run full speed which was very unusual. I checked the task manager but it there was literally no load on the computer. Later that day I got in connection with Microsoft and they asked me to let them in my computer via some tool. It took 3 hours and 2 different technicians to conclude that this is not a software problem. I didn't believe them, though, because just the previous night (6th of April) some updates have been installed without even asking for permission. Since I've been quite busy the past two weeks I almost no chance to search for a solution of that issue but finally 2 days ago I found time for that and started searching on Google. To my surprise a lot of people have been having this problem on Windows 10. I tried a lot of things: changing my power plan, resetting my BIOS to default settings, making sure that I'm using the latest BIOS version, updated all my software, searched for viruses and so on. I ended up re-installing my Windows 10 but that wasn't enough to solve my problem.

This week I got in touch with the local ASUS hotline and they suggested that filled in a RMA and sent my computer to Sweden (I'm currently located in Denmark), however, from past experience I know that the whole RMA process is a tedious one. I am really looking forward to finding a solution by myself or with the kind help of the community. The problem came out of nowhere so I believe it's software-related, but I cannot understand how a OS re-install wouldn't solve it.

Here's my support template filled out:

Bios version: GL502VML.301

CPU: i7 6700HQ @ 2.6GHz

Memory amount in GB: 24

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: TS128GMTS800

AC Adapter: Original

Operating system: Original ASUS factory image or clean install - both tried
Microsoft Activated - yes

Drivers Installed (include version and especially any non-ASUS approved notebook drivers):
GeForce - 391.35

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed:
no

System Overclocked (provide details)?
no

Any hardware upgraded?
On the day I bought the computer I also bought the above mentioned SSD which was installed by the ASUS dealer from which my computer has been bought.

Many thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1

Hagster
Level 7
Check in device manager if u have intel menegement engine