cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU and ram high usage with ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO VI motherboard

PatrickDZx
Level 7
Recently i've changed my motherboard to an asus rog maximus hero vi and added a new GPU in sli.

At the very first boot after the upgrade, my CPU cooler fan was insanely fast and loud so i used the AI SUITE III software to tweak it with Fan Xpert 2 and after i did that the CPU fan cooled down and started to work properly, but..

My CPU and ram usage keeps reaching abnormal peaks for pretty much opening anything.
This never happened to me while i had my old motherboard and os.. i've thought of switching it back but i need this new mobo for my sli.

Here are the current profiles i've set, they're a little big higher than the defaults because my CPU reaches 50°c pretty quickly even to accomplish easy tasks such as opening google chrome.

I've tried many things to fix this and get ahead of the problem, but none seemed to work.

• Installed every software and driver from the motherboard CD
  • Updated all the drivers later on after the installation and the bios too.
  • Anti virus and anti malware scans, defragmentation of the SSD and HDD

None of these listed above changed anything, only one thing decreased the CPU high usage so far and that was disabling some Windows 10 services. It partially fixed the problem but not fully as i still have high CPU peaks and the temps are pretty high too when these peaks happen.

Anyways it is also to exclude that all of the high CPU problems are caused by Windows 10, as i've tried to run Windows 8.1 and the problem persisted even on there.

My bios settings are setted as the defaults ones, i don't know much of bios setup so i've left it the way it was.

Motherboard : Asus Rog Maximus Hero VI
CPU : Intel Core i7 4770k 3.50Ghz
0 REPLIES 0