cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Guys... G20 switching gpu back to Nvidia, but missing in device manager [solved]

tyleryhy
Level 7
So I bought a G20 desktop three years ago, and since then I've always had my HDMI cord plugged into the Asus graphic card port. Recently I suddenlly lost signal form the port, so I had to switch to the other normal hdmi port. Now when I check my graphics card, it says that I have intel hd graphics 4600. I want to switch back to using the gtx gpu but its hdmi port has no signal. What can possibly be the problem here? Pls help thx
4 REPLIES 4

haihane
Level 13
would you be brave enough to open the thing and reseat the GPU?

reseating: pulling out the graphics card (whatever it came with), slotting it back in.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
would you be brave enough to open the thing and reseat the GPU?

reseating: pulling out the graphics card (whatever it came with), slotting it back in.

I'lll try if it will solve the problem..

haihane
Level 13
can't guarantee it'll solve the problem, but that's a first step.

i'm guessing (could be wrong) that you might have knocked the connection loose (perhaps it was once dropped or knocked onto somethin').
what am i doing making things more complicated? think of it like taking out your NES cartridge and shoving 'em back in to try to play super mario bros 2.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
can't guarantee it'll solve the problem, but that's a first step.

i'm guessing (could be wrong) that you might have knocked the connection loose (perhaps it was once dropped or knocked onto somethin').
what am i doing making things more complicated? think of it like taking out your NES cartridge and shoving 'em back in to try to play super mario bros 2.

Turns out one of the cable connecting to the two power bricks are lose. Plugged it in and problems fixed. Thx for the help