cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GTX470 reference vs. V2

Retired
Not applicable
Does anyone here own this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121400&cm_re=gtx_470-_-14-121-400-_-Product

I'm looking to get a second 470 and this one is surprisingly cheap with the rebate. However, I noticed that it's the "V2" version and doesn't say Nvidia on the PCB. What exactly is difference about this design? I looks like the reference design and it has a reference cooler. Is it something for cost savings and that's why it's cheaper? For the people that own them, do they overclock well?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I don't own this one but I'll be interested to hear the answer.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
I own it and am using it right now. Also have a EVGA 470 as well. I don't think that there is any difference besides the yellow DVI port that is for the DVI to HDMI adapter that it comes with. I've only tried overclocking it once a few hours ago with MSI Afterburner and launched a game and was playing for about 10 seconds and MSI Afterburner returned it to stock settings automatically. So I have to fiddle with the overclocking a little more to find out. But it is a good card and I would recommend it to anyone. Especially for SLI.