Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Cmedia/xonar u7 driver for Strix sound cards?

    Hi guys,
    im thinking to buy strix soar sound card,because cant find xonar u7.I want to know, can i install driver(probablly need to tweak hw id in script) for xonar u7 on strix soar because they both use c-media cmi6632A chipset.I find that cmedia xear driver have all functions with which i can use full potentional of strix soar sound card,and also which i need.

  2. #2
    Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    116
    Posts
    1,683

    The U7 features the same audio processor as the Strix sound cards, but the DAC is different. Strix sound cards use the ESS Sabre 9006A while the U7 uses Cirrus Logic CS4398 and CS4362. Always use drivers and software for the specific hardware they serve. Even the U7 and U7 MKII require different drivers. Which particular functions do you think are missing from the Strix sound cards?

  3. #3
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    The U7 features the same audio processor as the Strix sound cards, but the DAC is different. Strix sound cards use the ESS Sabre 9006A while the U7 uses Cirrus Logic CS4398 and CS4362. Always use drivers and software for the specific hardware they serve. Even the U7 and U7 MKII require different drivers. Which particular functions do you think are missing from the Strix sound cards?
    Well with cmedia xear audio center driver (which i had with xonar dx) i dont miss nothing. It has all features for fine tunning.

    Flex Bass - for crossover all lfe to woofer,which i can hear even with stereo to surround mod with 5.1/7.1 speakers
    Surround Max- duplicate stereo on all satelite speakers when i hear mp3,youtube and all stereo sources.
    Smart Volume
    Xear EQ
    Xear Dinamic Bass
    all others function from xear audio center.

    With Nahimic Audio Enhacer (aka Sonic Studio) driver its pretty much buggy and have much less features for fine tunning strix sound card.

    Look at that software(cmedia xear audio center same one for U7)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ng5y8g.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	73622

  4. #4
    Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    116
    Posts
    1,683

    If the main purpose is for multimedia (MP3s, YouTube, and stereo content), perhaps the U7 is a better choice for you.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Hi people,
    i have bought Xonar U7 MKII in May and so far it has been a total nightmare.
    First of i don't understand why are they forcing this Sonic Studio on us, it is the worst peace of junk i have ever seen.
    I am 5.1 surround system user(Genius 5050 5.1).
    Im not trying to offend or discredit anyone, that being said here are the findings from my point of view.
    First off the Upmix feature is mainly used for terrorizing your ears, it does not expand stereo to all channels equally, instead it crams
    everyting in center/LFE channels, on channels L,R,RL and RR you hear some kind of distorted sounds.
    There is no LFE crossover option, so guess what you get no bass. Maybe i will use my subwoofer like a improvised nightstand.
    For about two months now i am corresponding with Asus support, and most of the time i receive a reply that they have tested Xonar U7 MKII
    with the drivers provided on their support page and i should use that. I feel that Asus support does not care to fix this problem, they just wanted my money.
    Can't understand why they cant give us C-Media driver that was used on Xonar U7, modify it, U7 and U7 MKII are virtually same cards.
    Anyway i use EQAPO to get a decent stereo to surround upmix and LFE reddirection.

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    And still no feature upgrades.
    Sonic Studio(Nahimic) still remains worthless(c**p) like Asus support.
    I paid 100$ for Xonar U7 MK II in my country, and expected at least some support.
    Never buying anything from Assus again.

  7. #7
    Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    116
    Posts
    1,683

    Sorry the product does not seem to be appropriate for your needs. Upmix and LFE crossover functions were never promoted for this product. The U7 MK II is focused on giving users exceptional audio quality when it is played in it's original format (true 7.1 or stereo), not redirecting to more channels or LFE to other channels (no longer true 7.1/5.1). If you are interested in virtual/spatial sound, perhaps try Dolby Access or DTS Sound Unbound from the Microsoft Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by plecko62 View Post
    And still no feature upgrades.
    Sonic Studio(Nahimic) still remains worthless(c**p) like Asus support.
    I paid 100$ for Xonar U7 MK II in my country, and expected at least some support.
    Never buying anything from Assus again.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    Sorry the product does not seem to be appropriate for your needs. Upmix and LFE crossover functions were never promoted for this product. The U7 MK II is focused on giving users exceptional audio quality when it is played in it's original format (true 7.1 or stereo), not redirecting to more channels or LFE to other channels (no longer true 7.1/5.1). If you are interested in virtual/spatial sound, perhaps try Dolby Access or DTS Sound Unbound from the Microsoft Store.
    Sorry you lost C-media as a driver provider and implemented this A-Volute Nahimic Sonic Studio trash.
    Xonar U7 MKI is way better than MKII feature wise. Upmix i can live without but LFE crossover i just can't get over.
    This is your product description,
    "Powerful sound from a compact and portable device
    Xonar U7 MKII engineering overcomes the space and power supply limitations of other external USB-based audio devices to offer precise and immersive 7.1-channel surround. Sound processing uses 192kHz/24-bit fidelity for true high definition output, maintaining consistent quality across all surround channels."
    Guess what, many people use basic 5.1 analog setups, in the future don't promote your products as something they're clearly not.
    I feel cheated and frustrated.
    Asus goodbye forever, SoundBlaster X3 is on the way and it has LFE redirection.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •