ROG Junior Member Array

Cmedia/xonar u7 driver for Strix sound cards?

Hi guys,
    im thinking to buy strix soar sound card,because cant find xonar u7.I want to know, can i install driver(probablly need to tweak hw id in script) for xonar u7 on strix soar because they both use c-media cmi6632A chipset.I find that cmedia xear driver have all functions with which i can use full potentional of strix soar sound card,and also which i need.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

The U7 features the same audio processor as the Strix sound cards, but the DAC is different. Strix sound cards use the ESS Sabre 9006A while the U7 uses Cirrus Logic CS4398 and CS4362. Always use drivers and software for the specific hardware they serve. Even the U7 and U7 MKII require different drivers. Which particular functions do you think are missing from the Strix sound cards?

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    The U7 features the same audio processor as the Strix sound cards, but the DAC is different. Strix sound cards use the ESS Sabre 9006A while the U7 uses Cirrus Logic CS4398 and CS4362. Always use drivers and software for the specific hardware they serve. Even the U7 and U7 MKII require different drivers. Which particular functions do you think are missing from the Strix sound cards?
    Well with cmedia xear audio center driver (which i had with xonar dx) i dont miss nothing. It has all features for fine tunning.

Flex Bass - for crossover all lfe to woofer,which i can hear even with stereo to surround mod with 5.1/7.1 speakers
    Surround Max- duplicate stereo on all satelite speakers when i hear mp3,youtube and all stereo sources.
    Smart Volume
    Xear EQ
    Xear Dinamic Bass
    all others function from xear audio center.

With Nahimic Audio Enhacer (aka Sonic Studio) driver its pretty much buggy and have much less features for fine tunning strix sound card.

Look at that software(cmedia xear audio center same one for U7)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ng5y8g.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	73622

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

If the main purpose is for multimedia (MP3s, YouTube, and stereo content), perhaps the U7 is a better choice for you.