cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme - 1st Pcie slot stop working

nezza
Level 7
Hi,

During boot a GPU isn't detected in 1st pcie slot, I've checke other pice slots and works fine except first one.
When posting only 2,3,4 LED's are flashing not 1st one.
I'm using the 3rd pcie slot now with riser, but this will give me an issue when I want conecct my sound card. Fist pcie slot for GPU is perfect as sound card is easy placed under the riser.
I've open chassis TT core P5 and mobo works with i7-6850k witn no problem on 4.4GHz. Aslo I've notice sometimes when I change back GPU to slot one mobo will detect a GPU and 1st led is flashing, but after re-boot issue appear again. I've checked with other 2nd bios already and still that same.

CPU was brand new and all the cpu socet pins were not bent, system works almost one year with not problems (bios 3701) .
I've one GTX 1080 instaled only.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Chok_Ice
Level 7
Rma

nezza
Level 7
mobo not under warranty....

Craig
Level 8
Have you tried using a can of air to blow out and clean the slot. It's worth a shot.

nezza
Level 7
Hi Craig.

I used a can of air and its works !!!..... "?" so far.
Also I've contacted Asus Tech. support and they advised me to return it through retailer, but my warranty is out.
Strange as this slot works without any problems before.

nezza wrote:
Hi Craig.

I used a can of air and its works !!!..... "?" so far.
Also I've contacted Asus Tech. support and they advised me to return it through retailer, but my warranty is out.
Strange as this slot works without any problems before.

I've had it happen to me in the past. Have also seen it with Ram slots. Hopefully it works ok from now on for you.