Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Last edited by gupsterg; 03-01-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R7 2700X - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3533MHz C14 DC - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Junior Member Array

Did this thread die? I find myself coming back but nothing added. Hoping to find updates on newest bios 2008 for C7H...

I updated and was actually able to post with all four DIMM slots occupied @ 3600MHz but cannot boot to Windows. Any tips?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by RussK14 View Post
    Did this thread die? I find myself coming back but nothing added. Hoping to find updates on newest bios 2008 for C7H...

I updated and was actually able to post with all four DIMM slots occupied @ 3600MHz but cannot boot to Windows. Any tips?
    I would check the guides on memory speeds, I remember something about memory needing to be slower when you run 4 dims apposed to two , which was i think the ideal config for speed. but dont quote me on that , I know it influenced my choice of only two ram sticks (that and rgb load on the board )

darkspr1te

*EDIT*
    there's a reddit thread on the subject,
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment..._a_ryzen_2700/
    Last edited by darkspr1te; 03-21-2019 at 09:00 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by darkspr1te View Post
    I would check the guides on memory speeds, I remember something about memory needing to be slower when you run 4 dims apposed to two , which was i think the ideal config for speed. but dont quote me on that , I know it influenced my choice of only two ram sticks (that and rgb load on the board )

darkspr1te

*EDIT*
    there's a reddit thread on the subject,
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment..._a_ryzen_2700/

Thank you

Got 2X8GB modules runing stable @3600MHz C16. Pass memtest86 and 1000% HCI pro. ...4 modules on bios 2103 are still no bueno once windows starts to load no matter what settings I try.

On another note, I've noticed a much higher CPU OC under PE. Specifically PE lvl3 went from 4.1GHz all core to 4.3GHz resulting in much higher voltage (1.5+) and heat. Any negative offset results in Q-code 8. So manual I went...

Russ K
    Last edited by RussK14; 04-03-2019 at 03:32 AM.

ROG Member Array

Unhappy New Bios Update

Hi All,
    There A new Bios update, V2203 release date 12/4/2019 , Link

Changelog says just Enhanced Security .

So far i've noticed my usual overclock setting cause windows BSOD, either mms2.sys or some other file that flashes past real quick.
    Also it has a annoying cursor just before displaying the Rog screen so it spoils a pretty boot up

darkspr1te

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi All,
    There A new Bios update, V2203 release date 12/4/2019 , Link

Changelog says just Enhanced Security .

So far i've noticed my usual overclock setting cause windows BSOD, either mms2.sys or some other file that flashes past real quick.
    Also it has a annoying cursor just before displaying the Rog screen so it spoils a pretty boot up

darkspr1te
    Mine does the same thing with cursor... further, mine BSOD'd as well with OC. I had to increase my offset by one tick.

https://valid.x86.fr/agq6cg

ROG Enthusiast Array Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Hurricane28 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair 7 hero wifi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600 x
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 970 Gaming X

Quote Originally Posted by RussK14 View Post

Nothing new actually man so why post here?

We need more information from you in order to help you man. Did you use the Mus1Mus RAM calculator?

ROG Member Array

Project ROG Eye

Just a little project I have been working on, was not very impressed with the Asus offerings for a Rog EXT display /OC panel , Naff would barley describe them in My humble opinion.
    So I've come up with this, Project ROG Eye, it's a LCD/Touch interface to the rog system on boards that support it. You can view a graph of parameters like cpu temp, voltages, clock ratios , fan speeds.

Future options are over clock control , watchdog , bios flashing via lpc bus or on boards that have like our the bios IO port next to the bios , you do need a little grunt to overcome the boards control but if you into swapping bios super quick or on next boot use bios X. not really a useful feature but what the heck i wrote the code so why not.

recent update added ESP2866 wifi/bt le features to display on cell phone as additional screen or for those that dont want to run the lcd but still like to see historical data.

Current build is very buggy on the SMBUS side due to my libs , not a issue right now as watchdog timer deals with that.

if there is wide enough interest i might do a pcb you can print and populate diy. If you have a 3.3v dev board you can build one yourself right now :-)

darkspr1te
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture.JPG  

ROG Member Array Tunza PC Specs
    Tunza PC Specs
    MotherboardCroshair 7 Hero WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14-8GTZR (4 dimms @ 3200mHzC14
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX Vega 64
    MonitorMSI Optix MPG27CQ
    Storage #11tb Samsung 960EVO
    Storage #21TB Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CaseFractal Design Meshify C
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000
    Keyboard Corsair K68
    Mouse Corsair DarkCoreSE
    Mouse Pad Seriously?
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterD-Link DIR-890L

post to post fails

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Been working well for me .

Recently another unusual fix has resolved trying to nail POST to POST stability for say 3333MHz C14 1T on 4x8GB. Matching VDDP and CLDO_VDDP allowed no deterioration in stability on 6+ consecutive warm POSTs. Default is 0.900V for VDDP and 950mV for CLDO_VDDP, using 0.915V and 915mV has worked brilliantly for my combined hardware/targetted settings.
    This is something I have always struggled with. I just press restart until I pass post. I only ever have to restart once luckily. I will give your solution a try. Thanks

Regards,

Tunza Down Unda

ROG Member Array Tunza PC Specs
    Tunza PC Specs
    MotherboardCroshair 7 Hero WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14-8GTZR (4 dimms @ 3200mHzC14
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX Vega 64
    MonitorMSI Optix MPG27CQ
    Storage #11tb Samsung 960EVO
    Storage #21TB Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CaseFractal Design Meshify C
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000
    Keyboard Corsair K68
    Mouse Corsair DarkCoreSE
    Mouse Pad Seriously?
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterD-Link DIR-890L

Bios testing

I Was wondering if anyone had looked into what effect bios versions have on your overall system performance.
    I ask as I got my board November 2018, odly enough with a 0207 version bios, combined with corsair h100i cooler and
    ryzen 2700x cpu. The out of box CB15 results were 1764 and 1827 with o/c as provided by gupsterg in the first few posts
    give or take a few mistakes or omissions.
    As I got further along the bios timeline my results worsen quite a lot to the point where a
    out of box result is around 1690-/+ and a mild overclock will yield upto 1710-/+.
    Silicon lottery aside what sort of results do people get for their default goto bios version,
    This kind of information seems to be hard to find and often buried in multiple posts of assumptions, misinformation and
    re-posts are just the start.
    I have also noticed al lost of posts where users say " oh i just got cpu at 1.4 and neg of 0.05 and pe of 2, i get 1950 on CB15",
    iám a smart fellow but i've not read up on overclocking terminology of late, I do understand it when i can get a explanation
    of the settings effect/proper name,it's another case of too many TLA's.
    It would be nice to have bios version, a export of the settings in both cmo format and text
    (asus profile, load/save then press F2 for the direct loadable BIOS setting profile and CTRL+F2 for a text file while can help you transfer you settings to the next revision)
    , this would give some users a place to at least start , AMD seems to have more menu per mile than i've ever seem intel side
    even in hacked bios systems

In Order to help I have downloaded every bios version available for this board and i am flashing via a EEPROM programmer,
    this is the only way i can assure myself there is no left over bios residue.
    I will also video the Q-Code/video and board for first time boot, this may help users decide if they are having training issues
    or it's just this bios is slow (1002 is much faster as base boot than 0507). Some bios do different things at boot too, some will
    reboot at the point of loading eufi files, other skip that step but will display "flashing bios" just after a fresh flash via
    bios ez-flash. Some bios have quirks, example is V1002 will allow me to apply a 3600Mhz DOCP PE2 profile from first boot but
    other bios versions require me to have booted a clean O/c free bios into windows at least once before i apply a O/C of any type.
    (Q-Code F9/power off is a sign of this)

Another thing i'am looking at is a simple app to import a text bios export and display only the changes needed from default
    aka "optimized defaults" or cmos reset, i would love some info on the bios's cmo file just to read basic info like which version
    bios created it but alas info on that file is thin on the ground and i also think different bios versions will almost have
    different file format.

any feedback is most welcome, if any export feels it wont yield any worthwhile information the it would be a dead project from the start

Reference Info

darkspr1te
    Hey Darksprite,

How is your testing coming along? I have attached a few screenshots of my cinebench runs. one score is really low I can't remember what setting I changed in BIOS to cause that but I fixed it now. I am getting a consistant score in the 1800s now (see pics with the Result BIOS is 0804 currently as I find it the most stable with my hardware. Had issues with anything newer (I still haven't tried the 2xxx BIOS as I am unsure if I really need to). I will have to double check the BIOS settings used for these scores. only thing I know for sure is a manual PBO of X4. Any results you have I would be interested in seeing. Cheers

Tunza Down Unda

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scores2.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	80446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scores.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	80445

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast