Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    For some reason the ROG forum is throwing an issue with some modded UEFI links.

So grab them from OCN post.

Indeed .

Gotta say der8auer was the man , ~ 3 days sorting through ~4000 entries, YT video link.
    Definitely! der8auer is a legend. I had to contribute to his survey due to me being upset lol.

I must say that Shamino's word needs to taken with a massive heap of salt from here on out. I had my suspicions that he was blaming AMD to try cover up the fact that he and his team wouldn't know how to put out a stable/quality bios if they tried. His recent comment about AMD not improving boost has royally backfired. Over on Reddit people are highlighting this. It reflects badly on ASUS.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by mikev190 View Post
    Definitely! der8auer is a legend. I had to contribute to his survey due to me being upset lol.

I must say that Shamino's word needs to taken with a massive heap of salt from here on out. I had my suspicions that he was blaming AMD to try cover up the fact that he and his team wouldn't know how to put out a stable/quality bios if they tried. His recent comment about AMD not improving boost has royally backfired. Over on Reddit people are highlighting this. It reflects badly on ASUS.
    Personally I think Shamino's comment is being taken way out of context.

"every new bios i get asked the boost question all over again, i have not tested a newer version of AGESA that changes the current state of 1003 boost, not even 1004. if i do know of changes, i will specifically state this. They were being too aggressive with the boost previously, the current boost behavior is more in line with their confidence in long term reliability and i have not heard of any changes to this stance, tho i have heard of a 'more customizable' version in the future"

Guru3d used his post and titled their article with "AMD deliberately", creating sensationalism IMO.

Shamino stated what information he had, he gave the take that was probably given to him and that is all.

Now to hang the man is just ludicrous....

It is true AMD keep a lot of control over FW vs Intel. Normal users are just not in the know.

Some time ago within the AMD CBS menu the manual settings for PBO on say Zen+ went, link. People thought it was ASUS, it wasn't this was due to AGESA change. Later UEFIs on the Extreme Tweaker menu the PBO manual settings did appear, but AMD CBS only had auto/enable/disable for PBO, so ASUS were exposing something AMD took away. Only now with Zen2 have AMD given back a lot.

Next look at this post by The Stilt, again vendors can not do what they can on Intel FW. That post also to a degree explains the issues The Stilt had with keeping RTC working with each AGESA change, the guy then just stopped with updates as AMD could not stick to a "convention".

Then look at these posts by Gigabyte rep on OCN, link 1 & link 2. You only also have to look in this thread few pages back a Zen/Zen+ not having all of AMD CBS he had on prior AGESA, link. Mobo maker would/will get it in the neck from user, who does not know that this is a menu from AGESA.

Then let's look at what a dev has to say about AMD, link. I have been helping Martin Malik with some test data for Matisse, even now he is missing information that AMD publicly said we will forward to devs to improve their monitoring SW. He has been given no CPU sample either.

In my opinion, too many people do not know actually what goes on and too many have AMD on some pedestal thinking they are the truer/honest company.

I jumped to AMD from Intel after a decade not because I have any rose tinted allegiance to x company . They had the right performance, price and product, that is all. No way do I think AMD as a company are any less shady than Intel or nVidia.

These are all companies, wanting to sell producta, make $$$, please share holders, etc...

They are not here to save us nerds from some form of tech purgatory....
    Last edited by gupsterg; 09-04-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

New ROGer Array

'They are not here to save us nerds from some form of tech purgatory....'

Thank you greatly for all your work, they need to hire you.

New ROGer Array

Ok started getting random BSOD on 0002+E so went back to 0002 and all is steady again it seems.

New ROGer Array

1usmus posted the smu

Hello,

will we get a new version of the mod bios with the new smu? thanks in advance for all your help you already did (hoping for a new version ofc :P )

gupsterg PC Specs
    Processori5 4690K
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #2HGST 2TB

Quote Originally Posted by sifusanders View Post
    Hello,

will we get a new version of the mod bios with the new smu? thanks in advance for all your help you already did (hoping for a new version ofc :P )
    The Stilt posted C7H/C7HWIFI UEFI 0002 with SMU FW 46.49.00 here.

I have added some extra mods to them, see readme in ZIP linked in this post.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    The Stilt posted C7H/C7HWIFI UEFI 0002 with SMU FW 46.49.00 here.

I have added some extra mods to them, see readme in ZIP linked in this post.
    Would love to try a non-WiFi VII version good sir. Stilt's version is very good.

gupsterg PC Specs
    Processori5 4690K
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #2HGST 2TB

Quote Originally Posted by WheelC View Post
    Would love to try a non-WiFi VII version good sir. Stilt's version is very good.

My ZIP link contains files for both boards.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

New ROGer Array

Any idea when we can expect new ABBA bios officialy from ASUS?

New ROGer Array

Curious as to whether anyone has the G.SKILL F4-3600C16Q-64GTZN kit working at full rated specs with a 3900X? This is the 4x16GB 3600C16 Neo kit made for AMD Ryzen. It's also listed on the QVL for this MB to work with all 4 DIMMS populated at 3600 16-16-16-36.

Looking forward to getting mine up and running for now with 2 sets (4x8GB) of F4-3600C15D-16GTZ.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast