cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer freeze but doesn't log it

Village
Level 7
So I've been having this problem for a good month or so and it's been really pissing me off. My computer will randomly freeze and I have to completely turn it off by holding the power button (or pressing the reset button). I have literally checked everything: Reliability Monitor, Event Viewer, I went to run and typed in "perfmon/report", I reinstalled windows, I flashed my BIOS then reflashed it thinking maybe the one I used before could have somehow been corrupted. I cannot find any evidence of a log that reports my problem. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing (playing a game, watching youtube, transferring files, listening to spotify, etc). Also I'm not sure if this has something to do with it but my motherboard sometimes shows the QCODE 00 and won't boot then I have to take out the CMOS batter for like 30 seconds and put it back in. Also when the computer does freeze I can't push "Caps Lock" or "Num Lock", sometimes I'll be listening to Spotify and my music stops when the computer freeze's so I know the freeze is unrecoverable. I monitored my temps and nothing is overheating, I monitored my cpu, gpu and ram usage, nothing is spiking right before the computer freezes so its not a memory leak. One time it froze 9 times in a row with around 10-20 minutes passing before each freeze and other times I'll go a full 4-8 hour gaming session without a single freeze.

Computer Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-9590
MOBO: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
GPU: Radeon RX 480 8G Edition
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x4GB
PSU: Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 750w Bronze Fully Modular
120GB SSD (Literally only holds Windows 10 and Drivers)
500GB HDD
700GB HDD
1TB Exteranl HDD
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
In my experience that's a RAM issue. Are you overclocking? Try running at stock speeds. Also try 1 or 2 sticks only.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
In my experience that's a RAM issue. Are you overclocking? Try running at stock speeds. Also try 1 or 2 sticks only.

I am not overclocking anything but I will try with 2 sticks of ram cuz I still need my ram to play my games

davemon50 wrote:

I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostics yesterday and it didn't detect any problems, another guy on Toms Hardware (I posted on there too) said that it could be my psu and another guy there said it could be caps on the motherboard or the mosfets.