cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT Fans going at 100% for unknown reason (SOLVED)

surfer96
Level 7
I start up my G752VT running Windows 10 Home, open Edge and browse Amazon site for around 10 minutes when suddenly the fans start blazing at 100%, but CPU temperature is only 32%.
I installed Notebook Fan Control (latest beta with profile for G752VT), but it doesn't seem to have the fans under control at all.
A simple Windows restart doesn't slow down the fans.
The only way to turn them of is shutting down the pc completely and start it up again.

Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Not sure if it can help, but check the thread below if you haven't seen it.
Hope it can help.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97514-Keyboard-button-to-turn-G752VY-on-off-fans-Accidenta...

Spirery1
Level 7
If u have a usb keyboard scroll lock sticks fans on full or pg/up plus fn just watch what your pressing.

Spirery1 wrote:
If u have a usb keyboard scroll lock sticks fans on full or pg/up plus fn just watch what your pressing.

I tried pressing the scroll lock key and can confirm that also for the G752VT the fans start blowing at maximum speed after a couple of seconds.
Since I've just started using a new USB keyboard where the scroll lock key is positioned quite a bit lower than the previous one, so I guess I may accidentally press it when looking for the home key. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Anyway it is very annoying that there is no way to shut down/regulate the fans manually though. If anyone has a solution, please reply here. Thanks!

Spirery1
Level 7
Yeah I use a g410 on my G752VY I just have scroll lock in red so I don’t press it like a don’t press button lol

Spirery1 wrote:
Yeah I use a g410 on my G752VY I just have scroll lock in red so I don’t press it like a don’t press button lol

I just installed - https://keytweak.informer.com/ - and used it to disable the scroll lock key. All seems to be working fine for now.

Spirery1
Level 7
Oh many thanks will have to try it when my laptop comes back from repair next month waiting on a part to come from ASUS us 15/5 lol