cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Asus, let me roll back!

Mr_m_cox
Level 7
Hi All,

I have had my Asus Prime x370PRO for a month or two now and have recently updated the bios.

Out the box I had 3203 and have since moved to 3805 and most recently 4008.

The problem I have is that only under 3203 have I been able to run RAM at 3200 with my CPU at 3.8. It now appears I get random mem errors running those same settings.

I thought I could just roll back but apparently not, i get the same error as others that the BIOS file isnt valid. I have tried a popular thread on here which talks of booting from a USB and .rom file but that fails for me.

Is there any way I can get back to 3203? Please? 😞
4 REPLIES 4

davemon50
Level 11
Go to THIS PAGE for your motherboard.

It's easy to miss, but if you go to the section under "BIOS", there's a link that says "See All Downloads". Click on that and you can choose any of those, including the one you referenced. Download and install.
Davemon50

RaffieKol
Level 10
Mr_m_cox wrote:
Hi All,

I have had my Asus Prime x370PRO for a month or two now and have recently updated the bios.

Out the box I had 3203 and have since moved to 3805 and most recently 4008.

The problem I have is that only under 3203 have I been able to run RAM at 3200 with my CPU at 3.8. It now appears I get random mem errors running those same settings.

I thought I could just roll back but apparently not, i get the same error as others that the BIOS file isnt valid. I have tried a popular thread on here which talks of booting from a USB and .rom file but that fails for me.

Is there any way I can get back to 3203? Please? 😞

so this tutorial (I actually made it) doesn't work for you?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99490-Flash-any-most-Asus-motherboard-Bios-in-DOS-with-USB...

Try it again I had removed a /GAN command in one of the files (cause I thought it was unnecessary but maybe your motherboard needs it, anyways I added the command back so i want to see if that helps. download the files from the tutorial and try again, let me know *I have had many people tell me that they used it and it worked perfectly.

Also if it doesnt work please take a screen shot with your cellphone and post it

Thanks for both the replies.

I have tried just downloading and installing the BIOS version I want, thats when you get the "not valid bios file" error.

@raffiekol - The error I got was at the verification stage and said that the ROMID of the rom file was different to the ROMID of the Bios (I assume it means the BIOS already installed?)

Will try again and post any screen shots later this evening.

Thanks.

Mr_m_cox
Level 7
Sorry for the lack of reply.

I have done some playing around and i can run my RAM at 3033 rather than 3200 with a decent CPU OC.

Rather than risk bricking my mobo I am going to leave it at that.

Hopefully ASUS with either come out with a bios revision that works at it's full potential again or they will enable roll back.

Thanks All.