Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI (WIFI) wifi is not working anymore

EnCrypt
Level 7
My wifi adapter is no longer showing up. i'm in windows 10 64bit

Bios Version 6004 x64
Build 04/17/2018

Ryzen 7 1700 8 core

I'm not positive when this started working because i've had it plugged in but it appears to be really recently i moved my office downstairs a couple weeks ago and used wifi for a few days then plugged it in, did a couple(?) bios updates and now it's apparently not working. i checked hidden devices it did show up but after i hit uninstall it wont come back even after reinstalling the driver.
12 REPLIES 12

TaijRai
Level 8
EnCrypt wrote:
My wifi adapter is no longer showing up. i'm in windows 10 64bit

Bios Version 6004 x64
Build 04/17/2018

Ryzen 7 1700 8 core

I'm not positive when this started working because i've had it plugged in but it appears to be really recently i moved my office downstairs a couple weeks ago and used wifi for a few days then plugged it in, did a couple(?) bios updates and now it's apparently not working. i checked hidden devices it did show up but after i hit uninstall it wont come back even after reinstalling the driver.

Did you check the bios to see if it might be disabled for some reason....it under onboard devices. Just a thought.

EnCrypt
Level 7
Sorry i've been busy the last few days. but yes i verified it is not disabled, i then disabled it and re-enabled without a resolution. anyone else have ideas?

EnCrypt
Level 7
So, do we just not get support here or? how do i get this resolved? lol

schweigert
Level 9
i've had this happen to me a bunch of times on TWO different new boards (CH7WIFI) immediately after updating the bios (multiple different bios versions)

Asus engineering dept is supposed to call me back - its been escalated 3 times.

for me its intermittent - but i've found that I regain networking once in a while if I shut DOWN the computer and not just restart it.

anyway... yeah not very happy with my $300 motherboard.

EnCrypt
Level 7
oh great, so you're telling me this is going to be a huge hassle. i hope not i dont want to regret trusting ROG. it has to have something to do with one of the bios updates. i just don't know which one. also it appears downgrading is relatively complicated. have you tried that at all?

EnCrypt wrote:
oh great, so you're telling me this is going to be a huge hassle. i hope not i dont want to regret trusting ROG. it has to have something to do with one of the bios updates. i just don't know which one. also it appears downgrading is relatively complicated. have you tried that at all?

downgrading didn't seem to fix it on my first board. this second board i'm on - I haven't downgraded I just reset the cmos a bunch of times and over the last 5 days i've been having the issue less and less.

I'm a little lenient though as my video card was using a faulty pcie-x riser - and swapping that did improve it significantly (although not completely)

Now it only happens 50% of the time after a reboot. a 0% of the time after a shut down / boot up.

EnCrypt
Level 7
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

michaelemcken
Level 7
@EnCrypt i have been experiencing this problem since day 1 with both WiFi and Ethernet dissapearing after the PC has been turned off. I returned two motherboards so far and i am trying out my third. No NIC problems so far, but i am experiencing some other problems now as stated in my own post.

HnS-CHH
Level 7
So those ethernet issue wasn't windows problem but actually motherboard? Cause I do happen several time.