cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old RVE and fan control

Sverre
Level 9
I have set up a "new" PC with my old stuff, Rampage V Extreme, 5960X and a GTX 1060 I bought for it, as a media server. Since I don't have water cooling and no hardware to control the fans, I connected all of them to the MB. Ai Suite 3, on my Maximus X Formula, has fan control, but not the one I have on this PC, why is that? I believe it's the same version of Ai Suite 3. The reason I need it is that, even though the temps are low, and I've set all fans to "silent" in the BIOS, the fans (3 on each connector) connected to CHA_FAN2B and CHA_FAN3B, run at full speed (1200RPM).
[/URL]
8 REPLIES 8

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
Have you run Fan tuning first so the motherboard could determine fan’s lowest possible rpms?

Sverre
Level 9
How can you run fantuning if AI Suite 3 doesn't have anything about fans?
[/URL]

Sverre
Level 9
I found it, sorry, probably due to my blindness. 😉
[/URL]

MikeAdu
Level 9
Does everything work now as you want?

Sverre
Level 9
No. Fan Xpert 3 doesn't isn't able to calibrate 2 of the fan-ports. CPU-fan and 1 of the chassis fan is ok (the chassis fan it finds is 3 fans connected to 1 connector, so that doesn't seem to be a problem). It doesn't find the back-fan which is 2 fans connected together and it doesn't find the top-fan, which is 3 fans connected together. I found that the back-fans both had the speed signal connected, so I disconnected the pin (yellow), but it didn't help. Of the 3 top fans only 1 has the speed signal connected. This is something I found to be a problem when I used Aquaero in my water cool build, so I did it just to be on the safe side. I have re-booted the system and checked in BIOS. BIOS can see all 4 fan's and also reports the speed. AIDA64 also sees all fan's.
[/URL]

MikeAdu
Level 9
Did you setup fans in bios?I have all 8 connectors used on motherboard.
CPU FAN usd for 3 fans.
CPU OPT-pump
Both FAN 1A/B for intake
Both FAN 2A/B for Corsair dominator fans
Both FAN 3A/B for exhaust fans.
All are set in bios by CPU temp,except CPU/CPU OPT.Never used AI SUITE for it.

Sverre
Level 9
I'm guessing it's some problems with the fans spinning up/down correctly. Maybe minimum voltage to run. No idea. What's the latest version of AI Suite 3?
[/URL]

MikeAdu
Level 9