cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORRECT! Water + electronics don’t mix..

Rob_W_
Level 12
Yes folks, criminal sin committed and power supply went bang in a cloud of smoke郎
Being a clever dick I drained cpu water loop and only partially disconnected it to allow access for the re- deliding, during that process I noticed a few drops of fluid on the base of the case,, wiped it up and thought no more about it not knowing/realising it had also dripped onto the psu,*
So obviously when I powered it up today, I could here “ somethings not right here” sound of sizzling, I could have left the Barbi on but no! It went bang, tripped all the power to the house in the process.
Now looking for another psu ( was thinking about getting a higher watt anyway) .?wonder if they do a submersible one lol. * *
12 REPLIES 12

antonszander
Level 7
lol
could have been a lot worse..
ive never been keen on mixing water with electric tbh 🙂

xeromist
Years ago when everything was barbed fittings and soft tubing I had water leak from my GPU fittings down into the PSU. Good news it was off at the time; bad news as I bent over to inspect I placed my hand on the top of the case and bumped the power button. First row seat to PSU Armageddon.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

panzlock
Level 12
One day the wife asked me if she looked fat. I looked her straight in the eyes and said, "...Yes". It was like taking a bath and throwing a plugged in toaster into the tub.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Just got to wait for new psu to arrive ‘ Corsair HX1200i’ that should be better.
( but still not submersible ) lol*

Vlada011
Level 10
I build watercooling soon, first time.
Yesterday I got to buy new bigger computer table, this was to small for me and first build will be out of computer case, on table.
In mean time case will be modified and than everything go inside case when Norprene tubing arrive.
But I will have only 2 weak spots for leaking, on monoblock... other parts will not be near hardware.

But I'm optimistic. If I can't build simple watercooling loop I should commit suicide instantly.

Vlada011 wrote:
I build watercooling soon, first time.
Yesterday I got to buy new bigger computer table, this was to small for me and first build will be out of computer case, on table.
In mean time case will be modified and than everything go inside case when Norprene tubing arrive.
But I will have only 2 weak spots for leaking, on monoblock... other parts will not be near hardware.

But I'm optimistic. If I can't build simple watercooling loop I should commit suicide instantly.

You don't have to commit suicide. Just look your wife in her eyes and tell her she's fat. Like that very, brave but foolish, earlier poster, the Late Mr. Panzlock did.
NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?

Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
Asus Maximus X Code

16 GB
G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
Corsair HX1000i digital
EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
Samsung 860 Pro
Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.

Rob_W_
Level 12
luckily only new psu, could have been worse, just proves the point its worth packing everything with tissue, if dismantling a water loop!

Korth
Level 14
Rob W. wrote:
Now looking for another psu ( was thinking about getting a higher watt anyway) .?wonder if they do a submersible one lol. * *

Pretty much every PSU is submersible if you use the right kind of fluid. :rolleyes:
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Pretty much every PSU is submersible if you use the right kind of fluid. :rolleyes:

Midel 7131 hmmm ?
just got to find a glass tank to put rig in, lol