cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERO VIII New Bios Released 3802

Boggy
Level 7
3802 now available. You may need to click Windows 8.1 to see it...
34 REPLIES 34

brkkab123
Level 7
Thanks, I got it for my Maximus VIII Hero.
You're correct it's not listed for Windows 10.
I had to look for Windows 8.1 and it took more than one try for it to show up last night after I read your post.

stichcs
Level 7
Safe to use the Windows 8.1 version?

stichcs wrote:
Safe to use the Windows 8.1 version?

yeah safe to use, I think they release them like this to manage bandwidth.

Boggy wrote:
yeah safe to use, I think they release them like this to manage bandwidth.

Update here.
No problems.

SlackROG
Level 10
Wooo new BIOS! 🙂

@Boggy please change the title of your post to HERO VIII New Bios Released 3802.

Hopefully then people will keep this bumped up, as like more of an official release, and we can see people post their success/failures in this one post, rather then many posts being made...

Thanks

SlackROG wrote:
Wooo new BIOS! 🙂

@Boggy please change the title of your post to HERO VIII New Bios Released 3802.

Hopefully then people will keep this bumped up, as like more of an official release, and we can see people post their success/failures in this one post, rather then many posts being made...

Thanks

Changing that title took about 3x longer than the initial post! Got there in the end...

Boggy wrote:
Changing that title took about 3x longer than the initial post! Got there in the end...

LOL....

But it still shows the same out in the forum, so I think you need to contact a MOD so it shows out in the forum, not just in the post...

Hopefully that won't take 4x more work... LOL...

Cheers

HeroVIII
Level 7
Hello, first of all thank Asus for supporting our Maximus VIII Hero.

I installed today the new Bios and in principle everything is correct, we will comment on how it behaves when the April Creators Update of Windows 10 comes out.

ondersma80
Level 7
I installed 3801 (same changelog as 3802) on my Maximus VIII Hero Alpha on Saturday and have completed some initial testing. No problems here on stock settings or with my modest 4.6 overclock with F4-3000C15D-16GTZ set to XMP. All good so far.