cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for ram that work on the zenith ( out of the box)

masterac
Level 8
asus list of ram is from october 2017, they don't even bother to keep it updated, i am looking for a kit of 64, that is higher than 3000mhz, if it doesnt i can go lower to 2933, so anyone got some idea ?

thx
6 REPLIES 6

Wobbler
Level 7
64GB CL14 3200 4x16 what I searched and bought. That should be Samsung B, but might still require little tweaking to get the at least some of the cost out of them, heck seems to be even more expensive now.

Oh and in BIOS Command rate 2T for stability (also disable AMD's geardown mode) and that is how the memory is tested anyway.

Wobbler wrote:
64GB CL14 3200 4x16 what I searched and bought. That should be Samsung B, but might still require little tweaking to get the at least some of the cost out of them, heck seems to be even more expensive now.

Oh and in BIOS Command rate 2T for stability (also disable AMD's geardown mode) and that is how the memory is tested anyway.

can you be more precise, whats the brand, what option in the bios are you talking about

Wobbler
Level 7
Any brand you can get/cheapest/good warranty reputation as long as it's 4 sticks("easy for memory controller") and CL14 3200Mhz (Samsung B memory modules for "better" support). Should not be too many to choose from.

and let's see.. in BIOS
->extreme tweaker->Dram timing control->scroll down...-> Gear Down Mode = off -> Cmd2T=2T

Wobbler wrote:
Any brand you can get/cheapest/good warranty reputation as long as it's 4 sticks("easy for memory controller") and CL14 3200Mhz (Samsung B memory modules for "better" support). Should not be too many to choose from.

and let's see.. in BIOS
->extreme tweaker->Dram timing control->scroll down...-> Gear Down Mode = off -> Cmd2T=2T

this is where you wrong, not any ram can work on this board, i know for a fact because i have 64g that can go up to 3600mhz, samsung die...and still i get bsod.

i will reformulate my question if you didn't understand the first time

WHAT is the brand YOU are using, spec and all ?
its not a trick question, at this point i don't care if i don't get some ram that work at 3600 ( maximum of the board, i just want something in the 64 area, that WORK.

if you don't get bsod, get a setup stable in any game ,software and all, thats what i am after, is it a state secret ? why can't you it precisely ?

gupsterg
Level 13
F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR would be 4x16GB. Each dimm would be dual rank/sided, you'd be using 4 channels. For that RAM configuration officially 2400MHz is what Threadripper supports.

IMO it's sorta not surprising 3600MHz is not working on [Auto] / "out of the box" for you, it is 50% OC taking official supported speed of RAM config in use.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Cory29
Level 7
I have 8 x G-skill F4-3200C16-8GTZ (duel rank)
only stable oc at 2933 .. i am able to boot beyond but some scenarios cause crashes (maybe my settings but I have been unable to be stable beyond 2933)
with only 2 sticks 16 gb I can hit the 3200

**16gb sticks seem to be even more touchy on this board -- xmp settings do not convert over as easily as you would expect you still need manually adjust voltages and stuff
** I haven't played with more then 2 sticks but I was stuck at 2133 with what I had
(don't remember the model # but it was gskill it was months ago)