Hybrid View

ROG Enthusiast Array

BIOS 3801 vs CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM XMP in M8F (AGAIN)

Hi people,

I start this thread just to make people aware that if they have a M8F and a Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x4GB) 2666 memory, the new BIOS won’t work neither once you enable XMP.

The last bios that worked with this RAM was 2202 from september 2016.

This being said I find unacceptable that this issue continues on an on in a 350€ motherboard, most of all being this exact RAM in the QVL.

I’ve been an Asus ROG buyer from the beginning but this is the last time I buy an Asus motherboard.
    Last edited by seanbarkley; 04-28-2018 at 11:03 AM.

ROG Member Array Clobrda PC Specs
    Clobrda PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus VIII Ranger
    ProcessorI7-6700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 CMK16GX4M4B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GTX1080 (90YV09M2-M0NM00)
    Sound CardIntegrated SupremeFX 2015 + ASUS Xonar Essence STX II
    Monitor35" BenQ XR3501 Curved
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Corsair Force LE 960GB
    Storage #2Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB ST2000DX002
    CPU CoolerCustom EK water blocks
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra 850 W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse MadCatz R.A.T. 7
    Headset beyerdynamics amiron headphones
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming MM300 Extended Edition
    Headset/Speakers ONKYO HT-S9700THX
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterSynology RT1900ac
    Accessory #1 Synology DiskStation DS218+
    Accessory #2 Corsair T1 Gaming Chair

I agree with you! I have same problem with Corsair CMK16GX4M4B3000C15 on Maximus VIII ranger from BIOS 3504 and newer. So I can use the latest BIOS, but I must to buy a new RAM? ..and which, when QVL list is not updated?! Asus are you kidding me? This is the last time I bought the Asus motherboard!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

No excuse for QVL memory not working; that's a bad on ASUS assuming you have the exact version listed. That said, I have read about these problems for about two years with Corsair kits. You will find the same problem reports occur on "asr" and "gb" Z170 motherboards with Corsair memory. Not sure about "M". G.skill seems to be the memory that works every time with no issue across all mfg. I have F4-3000C15D-16GTZ and it has worked with every release without issue. Again, still ASUS fault for not reverifying the QVL with each release but you won't end your troubles with corsair by switching brands.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ondersma80 View Post
    No excuse for QVL memory not working; that's a bad on ASUS assuming you have the exact version listed. That said, I have read about these problems for about two years with Corsair kits. You will find the same problem reports occur on "asr" and "gb" Z170 motherboards with Corsair memory. Not sure about "M". G.skill seems to be the memory that works every time with no issue across all mfg. I have F4-3000C15D-16GTZ and it has worked with every release without issue. Again, still ASUS fault for not reverifying the QVL with each release but you won't end your troubles with corsair by switching brands.
    I get what you mean man, but when you wait for a mobo QVL to decide what RAM kit to get it's pretty annoying. Most of all seeing that it was working perfectly in the 7 first BIOS updates.

I was getting them aware in this forum everytime they released a new BIOS in which it was broken (this last is the sixth), but it was impossible to get any kind of official answer or workaround.