cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 3801 vs CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM XMP in M8F (AGAIN)

seanbarkley
Level 8
Hi people,

I start this thread just to make people aware that if they have a M8F and a Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x4GB) 2666 memory, the new BIOS won’t work neither once you enable XMP.

The last bios that worked with this RAM was 2202 from september 2016.

This being said I find unacceptable that this issue continues on an on in a 350€ motherboard, most of all being this exact RAM in the QVL.

I’ve been an Asus ROG buyer from the beginning but this is the last time I buy an Asus motherboard.
3 REPLIES 3

Clobrda
Level 7
I agree with you! I have same problem with Corsair CMK16GX4M4B3000C15 on Maximus VIII ranger from BIOS 3504 and newer. So I can use the latest BIOS, but I must to buy a new RAM? ..and which, when QVL list is not updated?! Asus are you kidding me? This is the last time I bought the Asus motherboard!

ondersma80
Level 7
No excuse for QVL memory not working; that's a bad on ASUS assuming you have the exact version listed. That said, I have read about these problems for about two years with Corsair kits. You will find the same problem reports occur on "asr" and "gb" Z170 motherboards with Corsair memory. Not sure about "M". G.skill seems to be the memory that works every time with no issue across all mfg. I have F4-3000C15D-16GTZ and it has worked with every release without issue. Again, still ASUS fault for not reverifying the QVL with each release but you won't end your troubles with corsair by switching brands.

ondersma80 wrote:
No excuse for QVL memory not working; that's a bad on ASUS assuming you have the exact version listed. That said, I have read about these problems for about two years with Corsair kits. You will find the same problem reports occur on "asr" and "gb" Z170 motherboards with Corsair memory. Not sure about "M". G.skill seems to be the memory that works every time with no issue across all mfg. I have F4-3000C15D-16GTZ and it has worked with every release without issue. Again, still ASUS fault for not reverifying the QVL with each release but you won't end your troubles with corsair by switching brands.

I get what you mean man, but when you wait for a mobo QVL to decide what RAM kit to get it's pretty annoying. Most of all seeing that it was working perfectly in the 7 first BIOS updates.

I was getting them aware in this forum everytime they released a new BIOS in which it was broken (this last is the sixth), but it was impossible to get any kind of official answer or workaround.