cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme BIOS 3902 Beta

CMDRZOD
Level 7
I'm going to dive in. Maybe I'll run a few benchmarks before hand.
15 REPLIES 15

CMDRZOD
Level 7
CMDRZOD wrote:

But I mostly use this PC for gaming so I'm not too worried about a small CPU performance drop. I couldn't load my old BIOS settings I saved to USB stick. I had to read them from the text file on my phone to get my settings back.

Irisservice
Level 7
CMDRZOD wrote:

Did it work?

Everything working here so far.
4.4 GHz overclocking.

Randolf
Level 7
Really looking forward to your guys benchmark results....how bad is the performance hit?

Randolf wrote:
Really looking forward to your guys benchmark results....how bad is the performance hit?

The performance hit was quite small with the 6950x I'm using. Can't speak for other processors/generations. I think the only place it is noticeable is in benchmarks.
I used AIDA64 benches before and after.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
Anyone running an NVME drive as their primary drive? It would be interesting to see if this update fixes the machine check exception BSOD, when booting into Windows with only the NVME boot drive enabled.

Zarathustraa wrote:
Anyone running an NVME drive as their primary drive? It would be interesting to see if this update fixes the machine check exception BSOD, when booting into Windows with only the NVME boot drive enabled.

I had no issue booting from my Intel 750 1.2TB NVME PCI-E SSD. I also had many other drives and a RAID array enabled.

CMDRZOD wrote:
I had no issue booting from my Intel 750 1.2TB NVME PCI-E SSD. I also had many other drives and a RAID array enabled.

But, are you booting with only the boot drive enabled, or all drives enabled?

Zarathustraa wrote:
But, are you booting with only the boot drive enabled, or all drives enabled?

All drives enabled. Ill try with just my boot drive later today and report back tomorrow my results.