cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB Light suddenly stopped working on Strix Z370-E

BoldStep
Level 7
Hi, so this morning I turned on my pc's power supply and usually the rgb light would turn on, but it didn't. All there is a brief blue flash from it and it stops. After booting it up the light never worked, aura software still works with my ram but the motherboard's light itself won't work. This was so sudden, I didn't update the bios nor interfered with it (I have updated it now attempting to fix it). Everything else about the board is fine and the issue is relatively minor, but its frustrating that it stopped working after only 2 months. Any ideas?

Thanks
27 REPLIES 27

DirtyMacho
Level 7
BoldStep wrote:
Hi, so this morning I turned on my pc's power supply and usually the rgb light would turn on, but it didn't. All there is a brief blue flash from it and it stops. After booting it up the light never worked, aura software still works with my ram but the motherboard's light itself won't work. This was so sudden, I didn't update the bios nor interfered with it (I have updated it now attempting to fix it). Everything else about the board is fine and the issue is relatively minor, but its frustrating that it stopped working after only 2 months. Any ideas?

Thanks

check in the bios if this is tuned off. If not try resetting the bios enables it. It cant malfunction so quicker thesere are rated for more than 60k hours.

DirtyMacho wrote:
check in the bios if this is tuned off. If not try resetting the bios enables it. It cant malfunction so quicker thesere are rated for more than 60k hours.

No it is turned on in the bios (sorry for the late reply)

DirtyMacho
Level 7
i have seen brief flash when it was turned off in bios.

DirtyMacho
Level 7
Most people face issues with cable and strip compact ability. Did you get a known working led.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got simmilar problem. My Aura Lighting on board simply turn off and I can't turn it on.
I think I've tried everything, from checking second time the pin connector, I also try to reinstall multiple times the Aura program, I also used the AuraCleaner and finally I've updated my BIOS and I still can't turn it on. I already took off the battery for one night, still nothing. In bios I;ve got everything turn on and also my lighting is detected in BIOS and I've got my motherboard in Aura program. My TridentZ work fine but this lighting on board - I don't know..

Any ideas ?

MixyGaming wrote:
I've got simmilar problem. My Aura Lighting on board simply turn off and I can't turn it on.
I think I've tried everything, from checking second time the pin connector, I also try to reinstall multiple times the Aura program, I also used the AuraCleaner and finally I've updated my BIOS and I still can't turn it on. I already took off the battery for one night, still nothing. In bios I;ve got everything turn on and also my lighting is detected in BIOS and I've got my motherboard in Aura program. My TridentZ work fine but this lighting on board - I don't know..

Any ideas ?

Are you sure the strip was working earlier or stopped working. or never worked from the begining.

It won’t turn on at the beginning because the pinconnector wasn’t connected enough but then after a month suddenly it have stopped working again and I really dont know What to do now

DirtyMacho
Level 7
ok why did u wait for a month. How long is the strip. Which brand is it .

Can you give it a try another brand . I know its cost you but not the branded even a new brands are good to go. these should be rated to be alive for 10k hours or so .

https://www.amazon.com/Extended-Computer-Magnetic-LED-Strip/dp/B07C9V1NF1/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&i...

or

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Mystic-BIOSTAR-LS02/dp/B01MV46VAF/ref=sr_1_1?s=electro...

or
https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Motherboard-RGB-Header-Extension-Connector/dp/B077KQX48T/ref=sr_1_4?...

just a basic strip to see if the strip itself the problem or board. So you can troubleshoot from there.

did anyone find the solution as I am facing the same problem!! motherboard led aren't working and even led connected to 4pin header aren't working