cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370 Gaming - F Memory Timings

homdax
Level 7
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GVK, 2 set. That is 4 8GB modules for a total of 32GB.

No manual settings. UEFI 4009.

Load optimized defaults.
Ai Overclock Tuner > Default (loads 2132MHz, CL 13-13-13-31 @ 1,20v ) > OK
Ai Overclock Tuner > Default > Standard > FAIL
Ai Overclock Tuner > Standard > D.O.C.P 1 > FAIL
Ai Overclock Tuner > D.O.C.P 2> D.O.C.P 3 > FAIL
Ai Overclock Tuner > D.O.C.P 3> D.O.C.P 4 > FAIL
Ai Overclock Tuner > D.O.C.P 4> D.O.C.P 5 > FAIL
Ai Overclock Tuner > Auto> D.O.C.P Standard > FAIL
Back to default. > OK
This is bull****. The memory is listed on the mobo site as tested with 2 8GB Modules. I do not understand why it will not work wit 4 Modules. To me it makes no sense. Some online resources claim I would be better of with manual timing. You telling me the system is not smart enough in itself to figure this out?
2 REPLIES 2

homdax
Level 7
Maybe i should point out that it works with one set of modules, even with previous UEFI (3807). D.O.C.P Standard.

Looking for the info I need to set manual timing successfully. Or for Mr Manufacturer to get his act together, but not sure if that would be ASUS or AMD.

AMD does not guarantee anything higher than 2133. Anything higher than that is a bonus.

You may want to try 3600 @ 14-14-14-34 / 1.35v

And you also need to realize that sometimes, even if it is on the QVL, as well as even Samsung "B" die, that just because one person can get it working, it may not work for you. It's not an exact science, and is a process of trial and error.

I have a 16GB kit of G.Skill TridentZ RGB, and I can't push any higher than 3000Mhz without my system going unstable on the most recent BIOS and I am using the exact same motherboard.