cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K, GSYNC, HDR monitor without idiot price.

sblantipodi
Level 9
Is there a fairly priced 4K, GSYNC, HDR monitor without an idiot street price of 2500€?

Even 60Hz here could be good.
7 REPLIES 7

Sichtwechsel86
Level 7
Not that i know...

the only models with these specific specs are ASUS PG27UQ, Acer Predator X27 and a model from AOC -
but all are in the same price range...

maybe we will see new and cheaper models in 2019 -
but i doubt, that these will drop anytime soon...

Sichtwechsel86 wrote:
Not that i know...

the only models with these specific specs are ASUS PG27UQ, Acer Predator X27 and a model from AOC -
but all are in the same price range...

maybe we will see new and cheaper models in 2019 -
but i doubt, that these will drop anytime soon...

It seems that there is not mid and high end monitors now, only ultra high enthusiast idiot range.
Where is the medium and high range?

We switch from 800€ of the PG27AQ to the 2500€ of the PG27AQ.
Something is wrong here

Sichtwechsel86
Level 7
I read about an upcoming mid-tier monitor without FALD

...but never heard of it since then...

I'd possibly wait for non G-Sync models. You're asking for everything, but for a middle of the road price which obviously isn't realistic. Also calling ultra high end 'idiot end' but pining after one with money you don't have is somewhat laughable.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Also calling ultra high end 'idiot end' but pining after one with money you don't have is somewhat laughable.

You there. With the common sense. Stop that. It isn't allowed on the Internet.
System specs: click here.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
double post
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

MarshallR
Level 10
There will very likely (hint) be other monitors with various mixes of sub-specs of the PG27U in due course.
It depends on the availability of panels, the reception of features in media, social sentiment and sales # of recent high-spec displays to instill confidence. The PG27UQ is just the first step moving beyond both 4K60 and addition of HDR into gaming LCD ecosystem.