cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel I219-V Lan Speed limited to 100mb/s

Ptakss
Level 7
Hi, I saw all threads about this issue and I can´t reach a sollution.

My net speed is limited to 100mb/s having another computer running at 300mb/s to same router and having same cable.

I try all.

Set speed to Full duplex 1Gb (doesn't stablish connection)
Set Gigabit master/slave to "Force Master"
Install last Intel drivers
Check that my cable is CAT6, done...

Now I will update to last BIOS firmware but this will not solve the problem.

My SO is Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (updated)

Here is the prouve of limitation:

Please, someone who can help with this headache?

Thanks to all
6 REPLIES 6

Wild_Bill
Level 7
Did you ever solve this problem?

I'm only getting about 450 Mbps on my M8 Hero, but I get 730 Mbps on my FX503. Same router and switch. Updating the Intel driver seemed to help me, but going to the latest BIOS on the M8 Hero seemed to cause my issue. Unfortunately the latest BIOS fixed some shutdown problems, so I can't go back.

I might just put in a new NIC and bypass the I219-V problem.

Thanks

OK, in my case it seems to be the BCLK frequency. I set it to 100 in the BIOS, but when I go into the AI Suite, it still reads 100.666. So there must be something else to turn it off, unless the AI Suite ignores the BIOS setting?

ondersma80
Level 7
bclk at 100 and reading 100.66 won't affect your ethernet status speed reporting lower than expected. The problem with lower reported max connection in Windows is usually config or cable. And there is no such thing as a "known good" cable.

Wild_Bill
Level 7
I'm afraid it does. The speed was fine until I updated the BIOS and the BLCK got set to auto again. When I changed it back to 100, my speeds returned to normal. This does not affect upload speeds though. I've seen this reported elsewhere for other boards. I know it's not my connection, because my ASUS laptop is kicking my PC's Butt and they are both on the same switch/router. The laptop scores over 700 Mbps and the PC will hit 650 on a good test. The PC is running at 4.1 Ghz and the laptop at 2.8Ghz. Obviously the driver and chip-set are different. I want to try the laptop at the router/modem to see where the biggest bottleneck lies.

I'm going to change to a Ubiquiti Gateway to max out my speed, but I'd like to be sure my PC driver settings are at their best. A lot of users can max out their modem connection with the right router, about 940 Mbps ATM. But my fiber is running through the trees ATM. LOl.

ondersma80
Level 7
Years and years of the same old stuff. I am not sure why users post problems, receive advice from other users who have it working properly, then retort they know more while the problem continues. Your ethernet speed has nothing to do with a 1% fluctuation in bclk because you are on auto. Just take advice and maybe your system will work like someone who knows how to build and configure a system.

ondersma80 wrote:
Years and years of the same old stuff. I am not sure why users post problems, receive advice from other users who have it working properly, then retort they know more while the problem continues. Your ethernet speed has nothing to do with a 1% fluctuation in bclk because you are on auto. Just take advice and maybe your system will work like someone who knows how to build and configure a system.

any update on this suffering from this myself. have 500mb line cant get more than 150mb. Apple tv gets full 500mb by yet my mobo which cost more than that stupid thing i get less