cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z370-E wifi issue / bios no video signal / RGB safety question - help

streetu
Level 7
Hello Asus community,

Recently i have purchased my first Asus motherboard, Z370-E Gaming, but im having some issues with it, hope somebody can give some tips.

1) Wifi issues, sometimes i loose conection to the internet randomly during the day, 10 minutes no internet, then 4 hours straight working fine.

No problem with router or my ISP, because my TV, Smarthphone, PS4, Laptop everything is fine.

Just did a fresh install of windows 10 april build, didnt mess with nothing, the wifi antenna is on the same place,

2) Bios no video signal issue, sometimes when i enter the bios or exit the bios, i get no video signal, i turn off and on the monitor, no video signal, i have to hard reset the PC.

This happened 3 times now.

I really dont know why this happens at all, sometimes i can enter the bios 5 times straight, no problem, but sometimes and very randomly i get no video signal upon entering or exiting the bios.

3) I usually turn off everything from eletricity at night in my house, is it ok to turn off the pc too?

Im asking this because the motherboard rgb lights, usb mouse and usb keyboard stays on, even with the windows shut down.

So theres eletricity running trough the motherboard.

SPECS:

Windows 10 Pro April update 64bit
Dell s2716dg 144HZ 2K+
1080 GTX Gigabyte
DDR 4 3600Mhz CL16 Gskill
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming
SSD 860 EVO 250GB
WD 1TB 7200rpm

Everything else besides those issues, everything is 100% fine.

Lastest drivers, bios installed.

Hope anyone can help me.

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

DirtyMacho
Level 7
streetu wrote:
Hello Asus community,

Recently i have purchased my first Asus motherboard, Z370-E Gaming, but im having some issues with it, hope somebody can give some tips.

1) Wifi issues, sometimes i loose conection to the internet randomly during the day, 10 minutes no internet, then 4 hours straight working fine.

No problem with router or my ISP, because my TV, Smarthphone, PS4, Laptop everything is fine.

Just did a fresh install of windows 10 april build, didnt mess with nothing, the wifi antenna is on the same place,

2) Bios no image, sometimes when i enter the bios or exit the bios, i get no image, turn off and on the monitor, no image, i have to hard reset the PC.

This happened 3 times now.

I really dont know why this happens at all, sometimes i can go the bios 5 times straight, no problem.

3) I usually turn off everything from eletricity at night in my house, is it ok to turn off the pc too?

Im asking this because the motherboard rgb lights, usb mouse and usb keyboard stays on, even with the windows shut down.

So theres eletricity running trough the motherboard.

SPECS:

Windows 10 Pro April update 64bit
Dell s2716dg 144HZ 2K+
1080 GTX Gigabyte
DDR 4 3600Mhz CL16 Gskill
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming
SSD 860 EVO 250GB
WD 1TB 7200rpm

Everything else besides those issues, everything is 100% fine.

Lastest drivers, bios installed.

Hope anyone can help me.

Thank you.

Ok let start with basic troubleshooting.
Did you update the BIOS from 0612 - 0615 *latest.
Did you installed the latest driver for wifi realtek . i believe its mar or feb 2018 .

Do the update on both and rever if you are having issue,

Again the display logo issue can be display cable or monitor. Which cable are you connecting the monitor.

display port works wired try hdmi

DirtyMacho wrote:
Ok let start with basic troubleshooting.
Did you update the BIOS from 0612 - 0615 *latest.
Did you installed the latest driver for wifi realtek . i believe its mar or feb 2018 .

Do the update on both and rever if you are having issue,

Again the display logo issue can be display cable or monitor. Which cable are you connecting the monitor.

display port works wired try hdmi

Thank you for the reply :cool:

IRegarding the Wifi issue, im using the windows update driver, but yesterday, i installed the latest asus official driver from december 2017, dont know if it did trick because its soon, i need a few more days of testing,, i will give feedback in a few days.

Where can i get the wifi realtek latest driver? could you share a link? i tried to search on google to no efforts.

Regarding the bios issue, im using the lastest bios, 0615, im using display port connection, the problem is, it is a bit hard to test, 10 times i entered the bios and only 3 times i got no signal, so its very random.

I will try to enter and exiting bios with HDMI cable, but its a bit of a hassle, connecting the hdmi cable just to use the bios.

No one from this community has encountered this loose of video signal, exiting or entering the bios on a Z370 asus motherboard?

P.S

Is it safe to turn off from the electricity the PC after windows shutdown?

Im asking this because the motherboard rgb lights, usb mouse and usb keyboard stays on, even after windows shut down.

I dont want to turn off and on the RGB, everytime i use or shutdown the PC, because i do like the RGB.... but not at night.

streetu wrote:
Thank you for the reply :cool:

IRegarding the Wifi issue, im using the windows update driver, but yesterday, i installed the latest asus official driver from december 2017, dont know if it did trick because its soon, i need a few more days of testing,, i will give feedback in a few days.

Where can i get the wifi realtek latest driver? could you share a link? i tried to search on google to no efforts.

Regarding the bios issue, im using the lastest bios, 0615, im using display port connection, the problem is, it is a bit hard to test, 10 times i entered the bios and only 3 times i got no signal, so its very random.

I will try to enter and exiting bios with HDMI cable, but its a bit of a hassle, connecting the hdmi cable just to use the bios.

No one from this community has encountered this loose of video signal, exiting or entering the bios on a Z370 asus motherboard?

P.S

Is it safe to turn off from the electricity the PC after windows shutdown?

Im asking this because the motherboard rgb lights, usb mouse and usb keyboard stays on, even after windows shut down.

I dont want to turn off and on the RGB, everytime i use or shutdown the PC, because i do like the RGB.... but not at night.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/08WIRELESS/Realtek_WiFi_RS3_2023.66.1104.2017.zip

for wireless

For rgb as i told you the BIOS onboard have a setting to turn off at shutdown and you also need to set the same using the aura sync. Only then rgb onboard and any usb wont glow after hibernate or shutdown.

As far bios display i have same issues with my monitor and thought it was monitor issue But its not its cable issues. So to isolate that give it a try with hdmi and see if issue still persit that even once it fails to reach bios.

Keep posted.

DirtyMacho wrote:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/08WIRELESS/Realtek_WiFi_RS3_2023.66.1104.2017.zip

for wireless

For rgb as i told you the BIOS onboard have a setting to turn off at shutdown and you also need to set the same using the aura sync. Only then rgb onboard and any usb wont glow after hibernate or shutdown.

As far bios display i have same issues with my monitor and thought it was monitor issue But its not its cable issues. So to isolate that give it a try with hdmi and see if issue still persit that even once it fails to reach bios.

Keep posted.

Thank you for the reply,

Turning off RGB onboard and Aura sync, does not turn off my usb keyboard and mouse leds (they are not aura sync), usb still have electricity after windows shutdown.

The only way to kill elecriticty on usb is to turn on ErP setting on bios, but that turns all RGB off (motherboard, cpu cooler, etc), with the pc on or off.

I dont see that is rulled out. As i have usb keyboard and mouse which has RGB. So when i hibernate it does turn off. Dont glow at all. May be the kb have side led strip have different board it glows always irrespective of the system on/off. So i was wondering you mean did the kb on even on shutdown.

Did u connect to usb 2.0 or 3.0 port. I believe there is a phone charging port option so disable that and turn off legacy.

DirtyMacho wrote:
I dont see that is rulled out. As i have usb keyboard and mouse which has RGB. So when i hibernate it does turn off. Dont glow at all. May be the kb have side led strip have different board it glows always irrespective of the system on/off. So i was wondering you mean did the kb on even on shutdown.

Did u connect to usb 2.0 or 3.0 port. I believe there is a phone charging port option so disable that and turn off legacy.

Hello,

Looks like wifi is working 100% now, also found a workaround when i get no video signal on bios, CRTL + ALT + DEL = automatically restarts the PC, then enter the bios.

Regarding the USB power after windows shutdown,

Yes mouse and keyboard stay on / everything that is connected to USB, after windows shutdown.

The only way to turn off USB power after windows shutdown is the ErP setting on bios, but that setting turns off the RGB on motherboard + cooler.

After many tests, i just leave everything at factory settings, and turn off UPS at night so everything stays off, simple and easy way, just hope does not harm the PC.

P.S

Quick question, i have been trying different RGB modes on Aura Sync, now i want to go back to the original factory RGB mode and i can´t.

Is there a way to reset aura sync? i have tried to unnistall Aura Sync but the computer remembers the last mode used on Aura Sync

DirtyMacho
Level 7
Yes you can restore default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk