cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i get my G752 intel hd 530 installed properly?

andreasaspenber
Level 7
my laptop came with only the gtx 1070 installed. i managed to install drivers for the intel HD 530 but it is still not working properly. it shows placement as unknown and have an error message with object name not found. my laptop is a G752.
41 REPLIES 41

Gps3dx
Level 12
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81406-G752VT-Integrated-Graphics-Card-Missing
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Pretty much above. Gaming Laptop. Turn off integrated GPU in Intel Chip = Less heat and so on.

andreasaspenber
Level 7
that is still not helping me because starcraft 2 will only run on high while it is disabled. it uses optimus and blizzard refuse to reprogram it go around optimus. i need to get it working as starcraft 2 works on ultra on an older laptop because that have the integrated gpu installed.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
That's the thing, we can't help you lol.

The iGPU on the CPU is pretty much missing. The only way you have G-Sync on your monitor is because it's directly connected to your NVidia Graphics Card.

Even if you were to turn on the iGPU on your CPU, it would have nothing to connect to as far as I understand it.

Although I confuse myself, because disabling the NVidia Card still shows a picture on my screen.

Need more information on the subject.

I think the iGPU side on the CPU may not even be connected, pin wise.

Joanne1
Level 9
Hello,

Would you please give us your full model name and let's see what we can do for you about the driver version.
Thanks.

Joanne@ASUS wrote:
Hello,

Would you please give us your full model name and let's see what we can do for you about the driver version.
Thanks.

LOLRF !
you're trying to help a lost case ( iGpu drivers for an G752 serie, which the dGpu is hardwired to the screen ) instead of publishing a clear bold note that the iGpu is disabled, on the official spec pages of the different G752 models.
Asus... wow.... ( facepalm ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

andreasaspenber
Level 7
what is listed on the box is G752V. if i shall run starcraft 2 above high i need a functional intel HD GPU because it relies on optimus to find optimal settings. because it can not find optimal setting it recommends high and setting anything above recommended triggers a built in safeguard in the official server. it gets me booted off.

andreasaspenber
Level 7
there must be some way to reenable the integrated gpu even if it is not master but slave. it is still there. the drivers is installed as well but it is not currently operating. i am desperate. a lack of a solution to this problem forces me to go for a desktop, which my land lord is not exactly happy about. i am also a laptop gamer so i would prefer a laptop.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
andreasaspenberg wrote:
there must be some way to reenable the integrated gpu even if it is not master but slave. it is still there. the drivers is installed as well but it is not currently operating.

We may want to confirm the full G752V model name under the notebook, but from what I've seen all the G752V units were designed to only use Nvidia graphics and nobody has ever found a way to enable the Intel CPU graphics so far for those units (which may not even be have the Intel CPU graphics connected in the hardware).

Check device manager to see what display adapters are listed and if there are any unknown devices with drivers that have not been installed, but if you don't see the Intel display adapter listed, it doesn't exist in the system (feel free to include a screenshot if you wish).

=================

Don't know much about it myself, but just wondering about the other people who also don't have both integrated graphics and Nvidia graphics since there should be plenty of systems which only have Nvidia graphics.
Hoping there is a solution for you and other customers who don't have integrated graphics or Optimus if you want to look into this more?