Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Same problem here on GL703GE. I have wasted the last 24 hours just because the default moving rainbow color scheme annoys me and I am trying hard to turn it back to static red. I had set it static red before clean installing windows 10, then it switched back to the rainbow after updating a keyboard firmware from the support page. Had I not updated the firmware I wouldn't have even tried to install ROG Aura Core.

I also tried the Aura install from the two websites above and neither launch. Aura.exe appears on task manager for a few seconds then disappears and nothing happens.
    Somewhere I found the link to this app from another country. This one does launch! But can only move the brightness settings. Everything else is there but doesn't actually change anything on the keyboard. https://www.microsoft.com/en-bz/stor...a/9nqh3p2dzffn

Sent a support request to Asus a few minutes ago, let's see!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by eldan7 View Post
    Same problem here on GL703GE. I have wasted the last 24 hours just because the default moving rainbow color scheme annoys me and I am trying hard to turn it back to static red. I had set it static red before clean installing windows 10, then it switched back to the rainbow after updating a keyboard firmware from the support page. Had I not updated the firmware I wouldn't have even tried to install ROG Aura Core.

I also tried the Aura install from the two websites above and neither launch. Aura.exe appears on task manager for a few seconds then disappears and nothing happens.
    Somewhere I found the link to this app from another country. This one does launch! But can only move the brightness settings. Everything else is there but doesn't actually change anything on the keyboard. https://www.microsoft.com/en-bz/stor...a/9nqh3p2dzffn

Sent a support request to Asus a few minutes ago, let's see!
    Oh, I did backup the eSupport folder. BUT, all the folders of UWP apps are actually empty. Launching the installer also does NOT show any of those, only the installers inside the Win32 and Drivers folders, which are all also on the support tab of the GL703 at the asus website.

ROG Member Array

Tried several countries' Microsoft store and couldn't find another version of aura core.
    Found a thread on this forum where a Tom Tromboni who apparently works/worked with Asus gave a zip download for a ROG Aura Core install. Installed that.
    It is version 1.0.2 of aura core. There is also a link he gives for 1.0.4 of Aura (not core, which is per key configuration). Anyway:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ing-my-GL503VD
    V1.0.4 launches successfully and looks EXACTLY the same as the Aura core I had before resetting the PC. But nothing works not even brightness.
    After installing v1.0.4 the Aura Core from the store launches successfully but doesn't work at all either.

On the Microsoft store we have v2.1.18 (core) - can only launch after installing v.1.0.2 too but doesn't affect the keyboard at all.
    On the link to a Aura (no core) at the Microsoft store of another location we have v2.1.17 - launches but can only control brightness.
    On my empty eSupport folder it says "aura core v.2.1.14"
    In that thread there is a core v1.0.2 which does launch but nothing works
    In that thread there is also a non core v1.0.4 which does launch but nothing works.

Since installing v1.0.2 got the v2.1.17 to launch I am guessing there is something else the software needs but it does not install from the store. And the v1.0.2 has an outdated version of that same thing in the same directory to the new version launches using that old thing but can't work.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by eldan7 View Post
    Tried several countries' Microsoft store and couldn't find another version of aura core.
    Found a thread on this forum where a Tom Tromboni who apparently works/worked with Asus gave a zip download for a ROG Aura Core install. Installed that.
    It is version 1.0.2 of aura core. There is also a link he gives for 1.0.4 of Aura (not core, which is per key configuration). Anyway:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ing-my-GL503VD
    V1.0.4 launches successfully and looks EXACTLY the same as the Aura core I had before resetting the PC. But nothing works not even brightness.
    After installing v1.0.4 the Aura Core from the store launches successfully but doesn't work at all either.

On the Microsoft store we have v2.1.18 (core) - can only launch after installing v.1.0.2 too but doesn't affect the keyboard at all.
    On the link to a Aura (no core) at the Microsoft store of another location we have v2.1.17 - launches but can only control brightness.
    On my empty eSupport folder it says "aura core v.2.1.14"
    In that thread there is a core v1.0.2 which does launch but nothing works
    In that thread there is also a non core v1.0.4 which does launch but nothing works.

Since installing v1.0.2 got the v2.1.17 to launch I am guessing there is something else the software needs but it does not install from the store. And the v1.0.2 has an outdated version of that same thing in the same directory to the new version launches using that old thing but can't work.
    Rog Center's button was saying "Rog Aura" instead of "Rog Aura Core" so I uninstalled both auras and restarted. Now Rog Center reads "Rog Aura Core" and updates as I switch profiles within either the installed version 1.0.2 or the store version 2.1.18.
    Renaming Aura.exe within program files causes the app store version to not launch anymore. Replacing Program File's Aura.exe with WindowsApps' Aura.exe resumes the previous behavior of appears on task manager for a few seconds then goes away and nothing happens. Either way, I forgot to mention, it launches with about 3000k memory usage then goes down to 40k then 20k then closes.
    Tried installing GameVisual, another app that was working before clean install and is also available from Microsoft store. It launches but says it doesn't support the current screen setting.

These apps are definitely dependent on stuff outside their own installation and asus does say anywhere what is it and how to get it. I will now try to recover the deleted partition from the original SSD to see if I can find program files for these...

ROG Junior Member Array

Here's a Link for the original eSupport folder, a friend of mine with another Zephyrus gave me a copy.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array tap002 PC Specs
    tap002 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix GL703GE-IS74
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL703GE
    Processori7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1050i
    Storage #1MICRON 1100_MTFDDAV256TBN

Look for the download under one of the other GX501 models. Quite often simple utilities work for the same model line.]

ROG Member Array

HAAAAA I DID IT!
    The v1.0.2 Core I had found previously didn't work. Then I found a v1.0.4 Core and it WORKS!! (The brightness slider does nothing but I can adjust brightness with the fn key + arrow up/down so it's fine).

Found it and downloaded it here: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/lap...0-64-bit.shtml

But it seems to be available too in asus website for the GL702VI, but I will NOT risk reinstalling it to see if it works lol. From there this is the direct download link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...724.1526888195

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GX501VI Zephyrus
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4-4700MHz Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #3ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #4ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Monitor2X ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q
    Storage #12TB Samsung 960 PRO
    Storage #22TB Samsung 960 PRO

Why not getting latest asus driver here?

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-dri...or-windows-10/

Asus support page is crap btw.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ROG_HARDCORE View Post
    Why not getting latest asus driver here?

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-dri...or-windows-10/

Asus support page is crap btw.
    Asus support page is so crap it has been down for at least a whole week until it finally came back up today. I have been checking the support pages everyday since I bought this notebook and a new mobo two weeks ago. Thanks for that link, and it does list the aura core v1.0.4

Man the sad thing is I got on online chat with asus support and all the person told me was "try installing it again" and "take it to a shop and get it re-imaged" and stupid stuff like that when all he had to do was freaking give me the correct download link to install it. I'm so pissed lol. I downloaded the smart gesture drive from there too because my touchpad is going insane sometimes tapping and not wanting to move. Let's see if it works! Thanks.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GX501VI Zephyrus
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4-4700MHz Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #3ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #4ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Monitor2X ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q
    Storage #12TB Samsung 960 PRO
    Storage #22TB Samsung 960 PRO

Dont use asus smart gestures driver! Windows precision driver for touchpad are world best and it should be as used by asus as default since 2017 devices. The driver can be automatically loaded through Windows 10 updates.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast