cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix GL702VI freezes at startup!

DuleTnT
Level 7
Hi.
I noticed this problem first time few weeks ago when i bought new ROG Strix GL702VI WB74.

I found some post online which saying that windows fast start up can cause that problem. So i turned it off. Problem disappeared, at least i thought it disappeared until it started freezing again yesterday and today.

Simply when ROG logo should shows up at start I get plenty small logos over the screen and it freezes in that position.
I need to force shut down. After that it comes on normally.

So, obviously windows fast start up is not a culprit.

This is how it looks:

After forcing shut down and start computer again it starts normally:

This doesn't happens often. In these few weeks happened maybe 5 or 6 times in total.... but still it doesn't look good. :(:mad:

Any idea?
10 REPLIES 10

DuleTnT
Level 7
Anyone ???????

FastM
Level 8
woah that first screen is a little scary. definitely a hardware issue. Does it only happen on cold boots? meaning the system itself has been off for hours and all the components are cold..

FastM wrote:
woah that first screen is a little scary. definitely a hardware issue. Does it only happen on cold boots? meaning the system itself has been off for hours and all the components are cold..

Yes

I'm having the same problem! Sometimes, like once out of ten times, that screen with multiple ROG logos shows up and it evolves to mirrored windows 10 login screens showing side by side.
Some other times I get a normal startup screen and after the ROG icon fades the screen get black and a few seconds later even the screen backlight turns of. In the second case with the black screen I can still hear windows sounds but no image. Is there a way to fix this by myself or should I contact ASUS assistance?
Thank you

Considera wrote:
I'm having the same problem! Sometimes, like once out of ten times, that screen with multiple ROG logos shows up and it evolves to mirrored windows 10 login screens showing side by side.
Some other times I get a normal startup screen and after the ROG icon fades the screen get black and a few seconds later even the screen backlight turns of. In the second case with the black screen I can still hear windows sounds but no image. Is there a way to fix this by myself or should I contact ASUS assistance?
Thank you

You have to contact ASUS. Don't hesitate to give ASUS a call or via online-chat.

Have you installed latest BIOS?

I've seen such problem when changed BIOS for desktop VGA card: initial voltages that breaktrhough circuit board are not enough (juuuust a liitle).

Same problem here with ROG GL703VM.
Contacted Asus and they told me to reinstall windows...
Obviously it didnt fix anything

This morning I opened the BIOS directly pressing F2 upon startup and it booted normally, and loaded windows when I exited.
Maybe a problem of UEFI?

how did you solve your problem?

FastM
Level 8
I agree with McRoy, to me this is a problem with power delivery that “could” be fixed with a bios update but most likely a hardware defect.

The way i see it, there is a bad connection somewhere that needs time to heat up (expand) before it fixes itself. Not sure if you can but If my laptop did that more then once it would be sent back immidiatly.*