cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD completely dead, DONT BUY FROM EBAY.

Xxmrmurderxx15
Level 7
Laptop was under warranty until April 12th of this year. It died April 10th. I called the customer service and they advised me to try a new charger before sending it in for repairs. Customer rep never mentioned my warranty was about to expire.

Purchased a new charger and tried. Laptop is still completely dead, no lights, no nothing. Called back on the 13th to let them know the charger didn't work and that the laptop was dead so I would like it serviced. Rep informs me that I am 1 day out of warranty so I would need to pay for repair costs. After fighting tooth and nail for 3 weeks i am at the highest escalation level.

I am now told that the corporate decision is if I want my laptop repaired under warranty I need to provide a paper invoice including the seller's name, logo, address and the serial number and model number of the laptop I purchased.

I sent them an image of my PayPal receipt since it is the only proof of purchase I have. It includes the ebay auction name, seller name, purchase amount, purchase date and tracking number. It was rejected because it is not a valid invoice. The asus customer service is basically treating this as a stolen laptop and refuses to help me. I contacted the seller a year later! He states he no longer has any information on the laptop (he sells multiple laptops on ebay every week). I tell this to asus rep and they reply saying that without an invoice they cannot grant my repair under warranty because it was not purchased at an authorized retailer.

So now my $1200 laptop is a desk brick because of a manufacturer defect. I have treated this computer like a baby every day just for it to suddenly shut off one day and never turn back on.

So if you're worried about your expensive toy dying randomly make sure you only purchase it from an authorized retailer. Asus absolutely refuses to budge on my issue without this magical invoice that I have to somehow pull out of my ass. Dont buy any asus product on Ebay and expect asus to grant a claim!

This has taken the cake for me. It was my first and LAST asus product. I cannot believe they completely ignore my situation and repeat the same sentence to me like a robot every time I tell them I can't provide an invoice that they want.
2 REPLIES 2

mmohamed2
Level 8

mmohamed2 wrote:
Try reflow method, https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=reflow+laptop

Would you think that would work? I used to use that method on phat PS3's when they got the ylod... but they still had power running to them. My laptop has no led activity at all.

I also have a multimeter but I am unsure where I can poke around on the motherboard to even see if it is getting a current. If I knew the contacts and have no electrical signal I could buy a DC power harness first before the reflow.

Just did the multimeter testing. All 4 power pins on the motherboard are getting a 19v current..so it is not a power cable issue..uuugh.