cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gl502vmk keyboard stop working after Windows 10 update, version 1803 - solved?

crispi420
Level 9
Hi guys,
i have an asus gl502vmk, so after i updated the windows, on April 30th my keyboard stop working...
how i fix this? already uninstalled the keyboard drivers and unchecked the quick start from windows, not of those solved my problem...
hope i get this fixed.
thx
34 REPLIES 34

Peneoark
Level 9
Good luck. I did the 1803 update last night and it broke my bluetooth speaker volume control.

mmohamed2
Level 8
Try fresh install

mmohamed2 wrote:
Try fresh install

Well that's no fun.

crispi420
Level 9
I've tried everything I know that could be affecting the keyboard. but none of those worked.
lets wait MS or ROG to do something

crispi420 wrote:
I've tried everything I know that could be affecting the keyboard. but none of those worked.
lets wait MS or ROG to do something

Same with my bluetooth issue. I am prepping an install USB right now. I am going to do a fresh install next week even though that is not a good solution.

kingKAI
Level 8
crispi420 wrote:
Hi guys,
i have an asus gl502vmk, so after i updated the windows, on April 30th my keyboard stop working...
how i fix this? already uninstalled the keyboard drivers and unchecked the quick start from windows, not of those solved my problem...
hope i get this fixed.
thx

I am running windows 10 1803 right now. No issues so far. I did however made a CLEAN INSTALL of my ASUS ROG GL502 1709 version a month AGO.. bluetooth and keyboard didnt work.

The solution?
1. Go to DEVICE MANAGER
2. MAnually update all the drivers ONE BY ONE. especially the ONES marked with an "EXCLAMATION point". after you have downloaded and installed everything. restart your laptop.

provide some feedback after this.

Thanks

kingKAI wrote:
I am running windows 10 1803 right now. No issues so far. I did however made a CLEAN INSTALL of my ASUS ROG GL502 1709 version a month AGO.. bluetooth and keyboard didnt work.

The solution?
1. Go to DEVICE MANAGER
2. MAnually update all the drivers ONE BY ONE. especially the ONES marked with an "EXCLAMATION point". after you have downloaded and installed everything. restart your laptop.

provide some feedback after this.

Thanks

already did this, only one has exclamation, and unknown device, whein i update it is ASUS NUMPAD, but after manualy updated it still with exclamation, after reboot the computer, still has the exclamation... when i update it, said that the driver is not projected for this plataform...
thx by the way

crispi420 wrote:
already did this, only one has exclamation, and unknown device, whein i update it is ASUS NUMPAD, but after manualy updated it still with exclamation, after reboot the computer, still has the exclamation... when i update it, said that the driver is not projected for this plataform...
thx by the way

ASUS numpad? are you referring to the numpad at the right side of the keyboard right?
have the same issue when i CLEAN INSTALL 1709. The solution that works is

Click on Start --> Control Panel --> Ease of Access --> Ease of Access Center -->

Click on "Make the mouse easier to use" --> Under Control the mouse with the

keyboard, uncheck the check box "Turn ON Mouse Keys" --> Click on OK.

restart PC and double check again. RESTART.

Many years gone by, but thanks for this fix man! I have lived without a numpad on this laptop for many years. Again thanks.