cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios unlock for G752VSK, ROG laptops ?

hadarych
Level 9
Hello everyone!
No secret that we have a lot of hidden stuff in our laptop's bios – settings that are locked by Asus. Some of the forum members were able to flash modded bios while there is a tricky security system. Here I ask for help and, maybe, we can collect all the information about flashing bios with unlocked settings for ROG-series laptops owners in this thread.
I know flashing modded bios is not safe, but for those who are tired of overvolting, overheating and loud noise of cooling fans it would be a great help! I don't want to use a lot of programs to undervolt and to get rid of CPU throtling, I just want to set everything in bios settings (including overclocking section), make clean install of Windows and finally get rid of useless ROG Gaming Center.

For now I can dump my bios with AFUWIN and unlock setting with AMIBCP, but when I try to flash my modded bios with AFUWIN or AFUDOS – I get "error 18: unable to start a secure flash session". I have G752VSK (i7-7820HK and CM238 chipset). Would be very grateful for any help.
12 REPLIES 12

hadarych
Level 9
By the way, if your laptops Intel ME firmware version is 11.x.x.x (I had 11.6.0.1036) you can proceed to this page https://www.asus.com/ru/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk_Download/ and download "ME driver 2.0.0.4" from "Utilities". This is an update utility for Intel Management Firmware, it is meant to be used on G703, however I just updated CSME Firmware on my G752VSK successfully. It works just like Asus Winflash, update in one click. If after your laptop restart you won't find password/pin-code entry windows - just change your keyboard language in the right bottom corner of the screen - and it will appear. Good luck!

To find out what version is your ME firmware - check your laptop models support page and look at the version of supported Intel Management Engine Interface. First number of its version is also version of your Intel ME firmware (for example if your driver is "V11.7.0.1040" than your firmware version is 11.x.x.x).

P.S. After tons of info studying about Intel ME firmware update it was that simple. Almost frustraring. But I ended up updating to 11.8 version without mistakes, so hooray!
If you don't know why update CSME firmware - google it or forget it. I can not guarantee your success.

MonsieurGreen
Level 7
hadarych wrote:
Hello everyone!
No secret that we have a lot of hidden stuff in our laptop's bios – settings that are locked by Asus. Some of the forum members were able to flash modded bios while there is a tricky security system. Here I ask for help and, maybe, we can collect all the information about flashing bios with unlocked settings for ROG-series laptops owners in this thread.
I know flashing modded bios is not safe, but for those who are tired of overvolting, overheating and loud noise of cooling fans it would be a great help! I don't want to use a lot of programs to undervolt and to get rid of CPU throtling, I just want to set everything in bios settings (including overclocking section), make clean install of Windows and finally get rid of useless ROG Gaming Center.

For now I can dump my bios with AFUWIN and unlock setting with AMIBCP, but when I try to flash my modded bios with AFUWIN or AFUDOS – I get "error 18: unable to start a secure flash session". I have G752VSK (i7-7820HK and CM238 chipset). Would be very grateful for any help.

Hello,

have you mod your bios ? i'll try to unlock the OC menu.

ASUS uses an encrypted xml file within the ROG Gaming Center software to overclock your laptop. There is Turbo Gear Updater version 1.03 that has a better xml file. If you attempt to overclock the G752 laptop by any other means you must delete your ROG Gaming Center first.

Don't know if its' worth the risk or the bother, You try and let us all know how it works out for you.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
ASUS uses an encrypted xml file within the ROG Gaming Center software to overclock your laptop. There is Turbo Gear Updater version 1.03 that has a better xml file. If you attempt to overclock the G752 laptop by any other means you must delete your ROG Gaming Center first.

Don't know if its' worth the risk or the bother, You try and let us all know how it works out for you.

JD, thanks for information but i know all of that :). I've read that we can uninstall ROG Game Center, delete the xml definition file into the data directory of installation, and re-install the game center to. Then the game Center don't control CPU OC.

I want to play with ThrottleStop, but the overclock check box is grayed. I'm thinking the firmware G752VSK.302 don't let us to play with the OC.

Do you know how to unlock that ?

When I delete ROG Gaming Center, I have tried throttlestop and had no problem. I found no benefit.
Homebuilt Windows Server

MonsieurGreen
Level 7
My problem is that : Overclock checkbox grayed. I've uninstall game center and my firmware is the stock G752VSK.302

It was grayed for you ?

Not greyed out for me. Must because I delete all of ROG Gaming Center (including core)!
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Not greyed out for me. Must because I delete all of ROG Gaming Center (including core)!

I've uninstall ROG Game Center, and ROG Game Center Core is uninstalled to.
Same problem.

On your bios, have you the menu to overclock ? I haven't this.
I don't have a G752 OC version laptop.

I don't have G752VS, I have G752VSK (the OC Model) different model.....but you knew that!

I use ROG Gaming Center with Turbo Gear Update
Homebuilt Windows Server