cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] AUDIO POPPING - Windows 10 1803 - ASUS Sonic Studio Driver Issue [FIX Found]

xator
Level 8
Hi there,

Since I've updated to Windows 10 1803 build, there's an awful popping and distorted sound. I tried to reinstall ASUS' Audio Driver with Sonic Studio, and it would go on popping.

But I've made a discovery: If I uninstall ASUS' driver, and install latest driver from Realtek (ver 6.0.1.8419), the popping is gone. Totally. But there's a dilemma: If I update driver to Realtek's latest version, I lose Sonic Suite. I can't install it, since it searches for an specific driver version.

Please ASUS, update your Sonic Suite Driver, or allow it to work with other driver versions from Realtek's. Not having a proper equalizer for SupremeFX without Sonic Suite is just ridiculous.
8 REPLIES 8

davemon50
Level 11
Consider copying this or moving this or adding a separate thread to the ASUS SOFTWARE section. (for Sonic Suite)
Davemon50

WhiteNoise
Level 7
I have a similar problem. Where did you get those drivers from ?

WhiteNoise wrote:
I have a similar problem. Where did you get those drivers from ?

From Station Drivers, but you can get it from Realtek's website. It's not a matter of the version of the driver. It's Sonic Studio. It's broken, for several users, and for several chipsets. So If you have popping issues, give this a try:

1-Head to Realtek's website
2-Download the latest audio driver
3-Let it uninstall your previous driver, let it reboot, then autoinstall will pop up.
4-You're done. Give it a try and check if there's more popping.

It won't sound as good as Sonic Suite, due to the lack of Equalizer, but sound issues should be gone.

Please ASUS, having sound issues on a 250€ motherboard is unacceptable.

sdmf74
Level 11
Rog formula boards have had popping issues all the way back to the M5F and probably before. Theres been several promises by Asus to fix these issues but never happened. I think it was the 8 that they claimed it was resolved but my 9 is rice crispies too!
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

Vox_8
Level 7
Same with Xonar U7(original version), please do something quickly, it's highly unbearable!

Weard_K
Level 7
Help 😞
Sonic Studio does not work. Windows 10, Winver 1803
click on the hexagon icon Sonic Studio turn on, turn off - zero reaction.
Change is not present, the sound what was, such also remains.

ZechsMerquise
Level 7
xator wrote:
Hi there,

Since I've updated to Windows 10 1803 build, there's an awful popping and distorted sound. I tried to reinstall ASUS' Audio Driver with Sonic Studio, and it would go on popping.

But I've made a discovery: If I uninstall ASUS' driver, and install latest driver from Realtek (ver 6.0.1.8419), the popping is gone. Totally. But there's a dilemma: If I update driver to Realtek's latest version, I lose Sonic Suite. I can't install it, since it searches for an specific driver version.

Please ASUS, update your Sonic Suite Driver, or allow it to work with other driver versions from Realtek's. Not having a proper equalizer for SupremeFX without Sonic Suite is just ridiculous.

I am also having this exact issue. How and where did you get the proper realtek driver? I've tried searching it on Realtek's website but I get nothing. Should I uninstall SupremeFX and let Windows10 install the driver for me automatically? I fear I'll be stuck with the same issue.

liakou
Level 7
You need to install the latest Realtek driver which includes the Nahimic components (needed for Sonic Studio to work).
Realtek 6.0.1.8569 FF03[Nahimic] - The FF03 stands for the Nahimic components. So make sure you extract the FF03 folder and then run setup.

Then install the latest Sonic Studio 3 and Radar if you want it as standalone from ASUS:
Sonic Studio 3

Sonic Radar 3