Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I found this elsewhere on the web and it works now on my 702vm

Open registry and browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ASUS\ASUS Battery Health Charging
    Modify dword CheckSupported from 1 to 0
    Reboot your system

Now you should be able to choose any of the options within the app.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Even though mine is set to the Max Lifespan mode, I removed the charging cable and the battery percent showed at 100. It's almost like it's running, but not actually doing anything beneficial on the GL703.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array mmohamed2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saragrl View Post
    I found this elsewhere on the web and it works now on my 702vm

Open registry and browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ASUS\ASUS Battery Health Charging
    Modify dword CheckSupported from 1 to 0
    Reboot your system

Now you should be able to choose any of the options within the app.
    Thanks that work

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mmohamed2 View Post
    Thanks that work
    Bypassing the supported device check doesn't mean that it will really work on your device.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Peneoark View Post
    Bypassing the supported device check doesn't mean that it will really work on your device.
    Sadly this seems to be true. My battery still charges. Oh well, I don't understand why ASUS wouldn't support this on all their devices. Guess there is more money in us paying to replace ours.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Saragrl View Post
    Sadly this seems to be true. My battery still charges. Oh well, I don't understand why ASUS wouldn't support this on all their devices. Guess there is more money in us paying to replace ours.
    Kinda like when messing with an Android device and wanting to install an unsupported app. You can change the build.prop device ID to match a supported device, and the play store will let you install it, but that's no guarantee that it will run

But not sure why it's not supported on all devices. I'm sure there is a valid reason though.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

GL702VS worked right off the bat. The battery light on the front of the laptop even shows green as if it was fully charged
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos battery.PNG  

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FastM View Post
    GL702VS worked right off the bat. The battery light on the front of the laptop even shows green as if it was fully charged
    Yep, it also seems to be working good on my GL702VMK, although it doesn't allow the battery to discharge down to the selected level (60%, 80%). In my case, I was at 89% when I selected the 60% mode. My system just stayed at 89%, not charging. I guess I should unplug it and discharge it down to 60% and leave it there.

StarJack
    Last edited by StarJack; 05-09-2018 at 12:28 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by StarJack View Post
    Yep, it also seems to be working good on my GL702VMK, although it doesn't allow the battery to discharge down to the selected level (60%, 80%). In my case, I was at 89% when I selected the 60% mode. My system just stayed at 89%, not charging. I guess I should unplug it and discharge it down to 60% and leave it there.

StarJack
    Yeah that's what I did, unplugged down to 40% and let it come back up. Even with the laptop off and plugged in all night it was still at 60% this morning.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array mmohamed2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peneoark View Post
    You're right, battery still charging to 100%

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast