cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS Everytime that I turn on the laptop the WiFi tries to connect it turns off/on

gugle
Level 7
Hi guys
Every time that I turn on the laptop when the WiFi tries to connect the WiFi keeps turns off and on
WiFi can see all the networks available with no problem, but when tries to connect the WiFi turns off
then back on again sometimes connects when it is back, sometimes not, a lot of times I have to click to connect,
and sometimes I have to click and turn off the wifi manually wait for a little then turn on again.

I thought was the Windows10 but now is updated to the windows 1803
now the driver is also updated to the latest Intel 20.50.0.

And still the same thing, someone else is having this issue?

** when it's connected I have no issue with the internet, everything works fine **

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6

davemon50
Level 11
On my previous laptop when I had this problem I never figured out what was causing it. However I resolved it by turning off the auto band detect and selecting one speed. If you have two bands available choose one, for me I believe it was the 5 GHz band that worked. Try it, maybe it will work for you?
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
On my previous laptop when I had this problem I never figured out what was causing it. However I resolved it by turning off the auto band detect and selecting one speed. If you have two bands available choose one, for me I believe it was the 5 GHz band that worked. Try it, maybe it will work for you?

Thanks mate,
I'll test and put the result here.

Its working better now that I selected to works only at 5GHz as you suggested
But the issue still happening

davemon50
Level 11
Then the only other thing you can do (easily) is update your driver to the latest. Go directly to the manufacturer.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Then the only other thing you can do (easily) is update your driver to the latest. Go directly to the manufacturer.

Was the first thing I did
In reality, I was using the driver 20.30.0.
Then I updated to 20.40.0 and the issue began.
I rolled back to 20.30.0, and it was good again, after this I searched on the internet and some people said that the problem was the Windows, but Intel released the 20.40.1 and still the same issue, now Microsoft has released the Windows April Update.
The issue stays the same.
Also now Intel released the 20.50.0
And nothing changed

I dunno if it's really the driver or something with the Windows.

Maybe is time to do a Format C: :rolleyes:

I got wireless disconnects everytime i plug sth at usbc port too, it could be a faulty driver or hardware design issue.