cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem's with asus suite and liquid cpu coolers

Fanaticism
Level 7
Hi, I still haven’t figured out why my asus suite 3 cannot detect my ML240R liquid cpu cooler BY coolermaster in my ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X
I am using a coolermaster liquid cpu cooler and my motherboard is asus rog maximus hero x. I don’t understand why his asus suite can detect his cpu cooler and mine cannot.

On my asus rog maximus hero x I have w_flow 3 pin header and w_pump+ that has 2, 2pin prongs side by side and also a aio_pump header next cpu opt at the top of the motherboard and that’s where I have the pump plugged in at.. It Even says right here in the picture that asus suite can detect aio coolers. So I don’t know whats going on and I hope you guys can help me. Clearly it states flexible cooling controls for air or liquid. So their isn’t any reason why my motherboard cannot detect my cooler.

My friend has a asus rog maximus ix apex and a corsair h100i cpu cooler, and his asu suite detects and controls his cpu cooler... i dont understand why mine doesnt. 73740

The picture shows his asus suite software detecting his cpu cooler and what it looks like.

how can i get the software or the mobo to detect my coolermaster cpu cooler..?? or maybe its the cooler itself, the ml240r just came out like a week ago or so, and they are putting out software to download in june so that might be why but idk..

also does anyone else have this problem?
9 REPLIES 9

Fanaticism
Level 7
Anybody please? Someone has to have the same problem as me.*

davemon50
Level 11
Plug the pump into the CPU fan header.
Davemon50

Wow I have never thought of that omg! Dude that is crazy... but I have a splitter going into my cpu fan and it hooks up both fans. So I guess I’ll just put the splitter into cpu opt then plug the pump into cpu fan header*

davemon50
Level 11
No. The two fan wires plug into the pump itself. The single pump wire plugs into the CPU FAN header.
Davemon50

I can’t plug anything into the pump man... I plug my tower fans *into *chassis fans on mobo..my liquid cooler fans are on a splitter that goes to cpu fan that’s what the manual says to do. I will put the 3 pin pump connector into the cpu fan!! I can’t wait to see what happens*

davemon50
Level 11
I'm really sorry I got your post confused with another post...... 😄 The pump connector is for Corsair units.

But you still should be using the CPU fan header to go to your splitter and the other end of the splitter to your two fans, if you haven't done that already. And don't forget the USB connector.
Davemon50

My asus suite doesn’t detect my cpu cooler like my friends asus suite does and he’s using a Corsair h100i liquid cpu cooler on a maximus ix apex mobo. In the picture above it shows my friends asus suite detecting his watercooler.

I have a coolermaster ML240R liquid cpu cooler, on a maximus x hero WiFi a.c. And my asus suite does not detect my cpu cooler it just says cpu fan. It is not like the picture above. I really wish my asus suite could detect my cooler so I can benchmark it and control it via asus suite. Look at the picture above and that’s asus suite detecting the Corsair h100i on a asus Maximus XI apex motherboard.

If anyone else knows why my motherboard/liquid cpu cooler does not come up in asus suite like in the picture above l, I would greatly appreciate the input. Thank you. *

shadowfax25
Level 7
well I have the exact same aio ml240r on x299 prime-deluxe and the ai suite doesn't detect it as liquid cooler either...

Wow no kidding... so it’s not just me then... only other thing I can think of is it’s the ml240r itself .... anyone else have other brands like NZXT or thermaltake , or any other *Aio’s??? Does anyone’s cooler show up in asus suite like the picture above ?? If so *kindly post *make and model and motherboard please!!! Thank you*