cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X470-I Gaming and memory

zeroz
Level 7
Hi all,

I was going to pickup a Asus ROG Strix X470-I Gaming with the new AMD Ryzen 7 2700X.
while checking the memory QVL for the board I noticed that thereare currently only a few DDR4 3200 modules available.

Best case scenario I would like to use the G.SKILL FLARE X, F4-3200C14D-16GFX.
They are not in Asus QVL but at the G.SKILL page they contfirm that the modules are compatible with the MB.

Q: what to believe?

thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Craigo1986
Level 7
to be fair to you. I would look to get an x370-f mb. I'm running the X370-f MB with the Ryzen 7 2700x and its running at a base clock speed of 3.9Ghz and boosts to 4.45Ghz and it still has a lot more to give just havnt tried it yet. I'm also running 2 x 8Gb Corsair RGB 3000Mhz DDR4 and that's clocked to over 3200Mhz and system is 100% stable.

From what I have seen so far some people are having issues with the x470 boards.... and considering AMD have said you won't get near to full CPU speed by running the X370 boards, so far they are wrong and I've gone faster lol. if you need anymore help just let me know. I have a thread on the overclocking part of forums under "AMD Ryzen 7 2700x" with some results etc...

cheers for your reply.
It seems a bit backwards though going for a 2700x to an x370 MB.
ill have a look at your OC post.