cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe Mode? Rampage V E10

Vlada011
Level 10
Guys how to enter in safe mode not from Windows.
I have problems with some Microsoft Updates. Idiots from Microsoft constant launch some updates and sometimes they not install properly and preven to load to Windows. Now I have such problems and I boot with help of Restore Point. But culprit Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1803 (KB4103721) wait restart to be installed. What if he stuck again.
How to load in Safe Mode after restart PC on motherboard Restart Button?

Microsoft is not normal any more. I'm on edge to start to use PS4 Pro.
This is not normal any more, I use one day PC after I update to 1803, some people are stuck during that processor, mine update pass fine.
But only day later he I see Itunes stuck, I decide to restart PC and see new update wait restart, and after that I couldn't boot any more.

I'm so much angry on Microsoft I can't describe.
Before 2 days I describe guy who have same problem with X99 platform and change all hardware didn't figure out that motherboard finish checking codes and show AA that mean she wait on Windows, and guy stuck with such problem weeks and ask for advice on overclock.net. I explain him what is problem and few days later happen to me.

Where to find 1803 iso file?
How to boot in Safe Mode not from Windows, after restart.
What to press F2, F7, F8... PLEASE ADVICE.

12 REPLIES 12

Vlada011
Level 10
One advice for ASUS, guys please, next time one usefull thing.
Button to users instantly enter in Windows Safe Mode.
I google now how to enter in Safe Mode on RVE10.

davemon50
Level 11
Use msconfig.

Start menu > type in "msconfig" and enter it > Boot tab

Select the radio button for safe boot. Use "minimal". Select OK to approve it, and then reboot your computer.
Davemon50

Vlada011
Level 10
I know that, but how to enter in safe mode when I'm not capable to enter in Windows.
Example stuck on Windows load, and I need to restart on motherboard button, after restart what to press to enter in Safe Mode not in BIOS?

Same update make problem to many people, there is topic on Microsoft site.
I need to know if he prevent me to boot in Windows, how to enter in safe mode, than I will uninstall him from cmd promt if that help.
I can't find 1803 iso except on torrent.

davemon50
Level 11
Then just boot up with your Windows startup (backup or recovery, or installation) disk. Put in your flash drive or your DVD and select that boot option.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's an option to spam F5 if you startup with networking enabled.
Davemon50

MaacK
Level 7
Hit the reset button when the Windows logo pops up and it should boot back into safe mode. Or hit f8 (or f10 can't remember) right before the Windows logo.

Here's a guide by ASUS - https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013018/

Oh wait, ASUS sucks and can't even make a proper website. Let me find it on a website that works.
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-enter-safe-mode-in-windows-10/#w1

I'd recommend making a Windows 10 USB stick and booting from that.

MaacK wrote:
I'd recommend making a Windows 10 USB stick and booting from that.

Best method, agree. So change your boot sequence and use your media.
Davemon50

Vlada011
Level 10
I success to boot in Safe Mode somehow, F7 than you read and go through options and than you see list and choose with numbers 4 or 5.

he didn't allow even Safe Mode that because this new update KB4103721.
But when I success to boot with Restore Point I create one more and than boot again and Hide that Update with Hide/Show tool.
Now I can restart and he not try to install, but still stay message Pending.

Problem is recognized globaly and no solution except " Roll Back to Previous Build"
Who wait previous Build. Immediately after update to 1803 everything is cleaned from Disk, special 25GB size files.

https://www.windowscentral.com/may-patch-tuesday-update-causing-boot-issues-some-windows-10-pcs

I don't know what to say... I hope I boot normally now.
What should I check in msconfig General settings Normal Startup or Selective Startup with all checked settings?

https://www.windowscentral.com/may-patch-tuesday-update-causing-boot-issues-some-windows-10-pcs

davemon50
Level 11
Normal startup if you think you are ready. Selective is for troubleshooting different items ("selectively") over repeated startups to test your configuration stability.
Davemon50

I don't want to open other topic maybe someone know answer... Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver for Rampage V Edition 10 are far older than on page of Rampage VI Extreme.
We can use drivers from RVIE page for RVE10 for Wi-fi and Bluetooth or not???