cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I guess people who want to use the SupremeFX are

MaacK
Level 7
I've been dealing with this issue since day 1. I'm done with you, ASUS. Your support staff simply do not care. I have troubleshooted your **** drivers to no end. You refuse to fix this issue and you know it's an issue. The hardware aspect of your "SUPREMEFX" is perfect. The software? Nope.

The drivers are crap. Let me correct that. ALL of your SOFTWARE is crap. Your drivers, router os, laptop software, all of it - sucks! I don't know if you're outsourcing all your dev work to the lowest paid dev with no experience or what but it truly is pathetic.

I'll never buy another one of your products. In fact, I managed to get hundreds of schools to pull away from your products (Chromebooks).

Do I need to speak in your simplified language?

KINDLY PLS FIX DRIVER. THNX.
9 REPLIES 9

xeromist
Not sure ASUS is going to read this here in the x99 forum. You could try the product feedback section but you might want to tone it down and be more constructive. It's up to you what you do but the tone of this post is just going to make people defensive and want to ignore it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Not sure ASUS is going to read this here in the x99 forum. You could try the product feedback section but you might want to tone it down and be more constructive. It's up to you what you do but the tone of this post is just going to make people defensive and want to ignore it.

+1 The product feedback sections of ASUS is quite a gold mine.
You'll probably find the answer there.

xeromist wrote:

I have been constructive. I have made suggestions. The drivers for all ASUS products are crap. How do you not see that there are issues? Every other post on this forum and forums around the web is about driver issues with the SupremeFX. Hardware is great, drivers suck.

The primary issue is the audio driver doesn't auto start itself when you install it. The second issue is it crashes after usage. That is if you can get it working to begin with. I can't confirm if it just happened to be a failure, but after I did the firmware update it toasted my CPU. I had to get a replacement i7-6800k from Intel. I can't blame ASUS because I have no proof of their ****ty software being the reason.

davemon50 wrote:
Not necessarily defending Asus here, but you never defined the problem you want fixed. You say you've been dealing with this issue since day 1 but don't state the issue. You simply state the driver is crap. Not sure anyone can respond with a fix to that comment. If you edit the post consider describing the actual problems.

I own the board and this system currently works for me, knock on wood. There are some other posts on this forum about how to get around issues people are having. If you haven't done a search, I'd recommend.

The board itself has been solid since day 1. I have many ASUS Boards that are solid. I want drivers that work. No matter what I do, how many times I reinstall the drivers, it either (1) crashes when listening to audio, (2) fails to start the services, (3) doesn't work at all. It's spotty at bed. I have searched the entire web for a solution. There is only one.

Fix ****ty drivers.

The last driver update wasn't even properly signed and even THAT took Asus months to fix.

hellokitty wrote:
watch this video, it should help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG-dS9hH3ZU&list=WL&index=74&t=360s

That isn't even close to my issue.

UltraNEO* wrote:
Obviously this MUST be an user error!!
Why? Mine works fine! Even the Supreme FX Hi-Fi DAc works and I'm running the latest version of Win 10 Pro.

Obviously! Nevermind the multiple fresh installs of Windows 10, it's def my fault! I even released the unsigned drivers as a big conspiracy. Mwhahaha!

I stopped caring, so **** you Asus. Never recommending or buying any of your products ever again.

MaacK wrote:
I have been constructive. I have made suggestions. The drivers for all ASUS products are crap. How do you not see that there are issues? Every other post on this forum and forums around the web is about driver issues with the SupremeFX. Hardware is great, drivers suck.

Not saying there aren't issues. I don't own this so I can't comment on your specific issues. I'm just saying that if you want any chance of ASUS taking your comment seriously (slim though it may be) you should tone it down and post it in the appropriate section. Ranting and cursing is a good way to be dismissed out of hand.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

davemon50
Level 11
Not necessarily defending Asus here, but you never defined the problem you want fixed. You say you've been dealing with this issue since day 1 but don't state the issue. You simply state the driver is crap. Not sure anyone can respond with a fix to that comment. If you edit the post consider describing the actual problems.

I own the board and this system currently works for me, knock on wood. There are some other posts on this forum about how to get around issues people are having. If you haven't done a search, I'd recommend.
Davemon50

hellokitty
Level 11

UltraNEO_
Level 11
MaacK wrote:
I've been dealing with this issue since day 1. I'm done with you, ASUS. Your support staff simply do not care. I have troubleshooted your **** drivers to no end. You refuse to fix this issue and you know it's an issue. The hardware aspect of your "SUPREMEFX" is perfect. The software? Nope.

The drivers are crap. Let me correct that. ALL of your SOFTWARE is crap. Your drivers, router os, laptop software, all of it - sucks! I don't know if you're outsourcing all your dev work to the lowest paid dev with no experience or what but it truly is pathetic.

I'll never buy another one of your products. In fact, I managed to get hundreds of schools to pull away from your products (Chromebooks).

Do I need to speak in your simplified language?

KINDLY PLS FIX DRIVER. THNX.

Obviously this MUST be an user error!!
Why? Mine works fine! Even the Supreme FX Hi-Fi DAc works and I'm running the latest version of Win 10 Pro.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

davemon50
Level 11
Drivers should be signed Day 1, and fully functional Day 1, totally agree with you there. 🙂 We shouldn't have to apply workarounds from Day 1 to what seems like infinity. Asus has been actively upgrading and fixing the Aura software, even though they are not solely responsible for it (many other mfg's hardware dependencies exist with no real standards). For the SupremeFX, that one should be handled actively by Asus. They may not have the staff assigned for the fixes now, but surely it's been a long wait.

In my opinion, it's the advertisements that's to blame for that shortcoming. You shouldn't advertise all-out until you've worked out the known bugs. I blame the advertising not because it's misleading necessarily, but ironically because Asus is so fantastic at advertising their equipment that you get sucked in not knowing about the remaining bugs before you buy. Asus is a victim of their own success.
Davemon50

MaacK
Level 7
You're right, xeromist. ASUS doesn't give a ****.