cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q flickers black when I move away

dante_afk
Level 7
Odd behavior, I always thought that's my GPU or something.

However even if I don't touch anything, if I sit down to my desk for a couple of minutes (not doing anything, no mouse movement, nothing), and then stand up and move away the screen will quickly flash twice black.

Is my body electricity interfering? Is that bad for the screen?

Asus please help 😛
6 REPLIES 6

Pipebreaker
Level 7
The same issue was happening to me. I ended up changing the display port cable supplied with the monitor to another. The cable change stopped the flickering when I moved my chair away from my desk. Hope this solution helps.

Pipebreaker wrote:
The same issue was happening to me. I ended up changing the display port cable supplied with the monitor to another. The cable change stopped the flickering when I moved my chair away from my desk. Hope this solution helps.

Will test that out, thanks.

cljustin
Level 8
Sounds like a defective display port cable.

KuraiShidosha
Level 10
I have the same exact issue with my PG279Q. Will try a new cable and report back. Really hope it's that.

KuraiShidosha
Level 10
So far no black outs since I changed the cable. But it's hard to tell since I know it's tied to static shock and it's been very humid here lately so very little static buildup is occurring. I am hoping this cable also fixed an artifact I see on my monitor very rarely throughout the day where a white line 1 pixel tall and about 3 inches long appears at random across the monitor, for one or two frames at a time, then disappears for a while. I don't think I've seen it since changing the cable, but I cannot be certain. It will need more time to know for sure.

KuraiShidosha
Level 10
Alright, enough time has passed. I think it's safe to say the new cable has stopped the random blinking and blacking out that used to happen. It hasn't happened once since swapping it out as opposed to at least once a day.

Unfortunately I have spotted the white line artifact numerous times throughout the 20 days since I posted. This tells me it is most definitely the monitor that is defective. I won't be submitting an RMA for it because it's otherwise in great condition and working fine. If it gets worse though then this thing is going in for repair.