cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) random high pings

las3rr
Level 7
I've been using my build for 2 weeks now and today I wanted to started playing some FPS games together with a friend, and the lag was unbearable.
After investigating I found out that this new build is the only pc with problems.

PC IS running windows 10 enterprise, build 1803 (same issues with build 1709), Core i7 8700k, 32GB ram, etc all without problems, no overclock (yet).

I have 2 other pcs in this room, all connected to the same ASUS RT-AC88U router. All of them get 200-300 mbps on fast.com in terms of throughput. However, my connection from this motherboard's onboard RealTek PCI-E wifi card is showing issues. First I debugged my modem (no issue there), router (no issue there, but reset to factory default to make sure).

To rule out any other issues: I have the maximus-pc and my intel NUC on the same table, and I'm simply 'pinging' the router. Same network. Same 5Ghz, same distance to the router.

Result - This perfectly explains how my experience during games is.

I've tried stock windows 10 drivers. I've tried the drivers that Asus provides. I've even tried the drivers from RealTek themselves, but still no change.

Does anyone have any idea? I really don't want to pull my build apart and lose my mobo for 3-4 weeks....
13 REPLIES 13

chevell65
Level 12
Have you tried updating the routers firmware to the latest version 3.0.0.4.384.20379

I'm also seeing some Realtek drivers that were released on 2018/5/11 might be worth a try.

Jaye95
Level 7
In WiFi Adapter settings disable 802.11d and it will fix your issue.

chevell65 wrote:
Have you tried updating the routers firmware to the latest version 3.0.0.4.384.20379

I'm also seeing some Realtek drivers that were released on 2018/5/11 might be worth a try.

Router firmware was updated to the latest version and factory reset. Didn't fix the issue (I don't have the issue on other pc's).

Will try the new realtek drivers when I get home.

Jaye95 wrote:

Thanks for the tip, will try it out when I get home!

I hope this works!

chevell65 wrote:

Couldn't find any newer realtek drivers, where did you find them? Network card is

Realtek RTL8822BE PCI-E

Jaye95 wrote:

Didn't change anything.

Issues persist sadly. I've ordered a new PCI-E Asus network card to see if that helps, so i can just disable the on-board one.

As an extra note: I tried both 2.4G and 5G networks, both trigger the same issues (although the 2.4Ghz shows more high pings in terms of quantity).

las3rr wrote:
Couldn't find any newer realtek drivers, where did you find them? Network card is

Realtek RTL8822BE PCI-E

Didn't change anything.

Issues persist sadly. I've ordered a new PCI-E Asus network card to see if that helps, so i can just disable the on-board one.

As an extra note: I tried both 2.4G and 5G networks, both trigger the same issues (although the 2.4Ghz shows more high pings in terms of quantity).

That's sad. I had exactly the same issue on my Z370E. Once again, disabling 802.11d (which is basically radio regulating thing) in driver settings helped me.
The only thing I would advise then is to play with settings of drivers, maybe something else in your case causes the issue. 🙂

Jaye95 wrote:
That's sad. I had exactly the same issue on my Z370E. Once again, disabling 802.11d (which is basically radio regulating thing) in driver settings helped me.
The only thing I would advise then is to play with settings of drivers, maybe something else in your case causes the issue. 🙂

Hi guys

Sorry to necro this - but may I ask how to disable 802.11d in adapter settings - I can't figure it out.

I've been noticing that my onboard Hero X wifi is more laggy (mroe latency to the same game servers) than my wifi on my Razer Blade 15 laptop. I don't really want to get a separate wifi card...

Thanks!

mrvortep wrote:
Hi guys

Sorry to necro this - but may I ask how to disable 802.11d in adapter settings - I can't figure it out.

I've been noticing that my onboard Hero X wifi is more laggy (mroe latency to the same game servers) than my wifi on my Razer Blade 15 laptop. I don't really want to get a separate wifi card...

Thanks!

Device manager, Network Adapters, Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN, go to the advanced tab, under properties there is a 802.11d. Set the value to Disabled. HTH

Outontheporch wrote:
Device manager, Network Adapters, Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN, go to the advanced tab, under properties there is a 802.11d. Set the value to Disabled. HTH

Thank you!

chevell65
Level 12
For some reason the Realtek driver page refuses to show any drivers for that particular version. I can only find them on third party sites for some reason.