Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Turned off speed step and all C states and problem still persists, also reinstalled windows and it still seems to be happening..

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Vinny1001 PC Specs
    Vinny1001 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k 4.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 2x 8GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 1080 Ti
    MonitorBenQ XL2411
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro, 840 Pro, M.2 840 Evo
    Storage #22x 1TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseCorsair Carbide 300R
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 Modular
    Mouse Swiftpoint The Z
    Headset Logitech G240
    Mouse Pad Swiftpoint The Z Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Logitech Surround Z506
    OS Windows 10 Pro, version 1703
    Network RouterAsus RT N66U

Does it happen with the windows drivers? Really shouldn't be happening with those. If it is, reseat all connections, check wiring, check for interference, grounding issues, try another power strip, etc. Try another PSU you know works, front ports vs rear. Uhhh.. man this sucks. I went through it for the longest time so I'm shooting off other stuff I've tried.

Get back to me after trying some of the above. Oh did you try update the LAN driver? Disabling LAN/WIFI in device manager and checking?

LatencyMon should see something. I assume you let that run like I suggested before?

Run the bare software/components and check for issues to eliminate any of that stuff causing it, then work your way up installing everything 1 by 1 until the issue comes back. It's a lengthy process.

I wish someone had a direct answer

ROG Member Array

Ive tried 2 different power strips and power supplies i have 2 evga supernova 750s, and LatencyMon after running for 30 mins just says that under nvlddmkm.sys your driver is taking to long too respond u may be experiencing pops or cutouts etc. also how would i check for grounding issues? everything seems to be fine in my case

ROG Member Array

and Yes i did everything u said to do with lan driver

Vinny1001 PC Specs
    MonitorBenQ XL2411
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseCorsair Carbide 300R
    Mouse Swiftpoint The Z
    Headset Logitech G240

WAIT, I remembered one option saved my audio from cracking and going out of sync. Go to Power&sleep, additional power settings, choose what the power buttons do, and UNCHECK "turn on fast startup" SO HAVE IT OFF/UNCHECKED. This has known to cause many issues. TRY this first and let me know, otherwise see next suggestion.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the...-startup-mode/
    https://www.maketecheasier.com/disab...-fast-startup/
    Read the best answer on this next one:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id...crackling.html

Otherwise if you've looked online about audio cracking and nvlddmkm.sys, you'll see a lot points to nvidia gpu/drivers/software.

I'd remove your GPU and nvidia software, or try to disable nvidia hdmi crap that's not being used and check for audio issues. Sometimes disabling the extra stuff not being used can help. Or many say reverting to an older nvidia driver has fixed this audio problem, but you have to make sure you grab one that's known to not cause high DPC latency.

Otherwise.... as I've suggested before, do everything ONE by ONE. That includes hardware, drivers, and avoid installing any software for now. If you're running your onboard graphics, no GPU even plugged in, and no nvidia software, and you're still getting audio issues and after reseating all connections, CPU, etc, then I'd get a new motherboard. It would all point back to that.

I really hope the dumb Win10 fast start up saves you. It saved me lol

ROG Member Array

fast startup didnt work, i also tried to take out GPU and problem still persists like when i play a song in spotify, in the beginning of the song theres a small pop. this is the only way i can replicate the problem(even though this problem could be normal.) Im starting to think maybe its normal for me to have these small pops because they are hardly noticeable the only reason i notice them is because Im trying to notice them. Also wouldnt the soundblaster Z bypass the motherboards soundcard therefore there shouldnt be any popping issues? atleast thats what i heard.

ROG Member Array

did you change the default audio format in windows? better let it 16 bits & max 48000hz.
    i had this problem for a long time, now it's gone but i've no idea why. do you use ssd or hdd? maybe hdd can cause these issue idk
    maybe you already did it but always disable onboard audio in bios when using a soundcard.
    best thing to check what causing it is using latencymon http://www.resplendence.com/downloads
    edit: i saw you already checked, so there was no spike while the problem was happening?
    last hint can be network drivers, better uninstall it and let windows install it's own. same for chipset drivers they seem bad to me, i only install the Management Engine Interface ones.
    personaly i switched to usb soundcards, no issue with latency and better audio range/impedance. i'm using a creative X7 limited. pci soundcards are plagued with problems, like the microphone noise from the graphic card.
    Last edited by Supr4; 06-04-2018 at 12:30 PM.

ROG Member Array

Tried everything and more to no avail...

I figured out how to replicate it though. That is if this isnt just a normal problem in windows...
    i feel like maybe this popping sound has always happened and just because im paying attention to it is why it seems abnormal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjS...ature=youtu.be

Vinny1001 PC Specs
    MonitorBenQ XL2411
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseCorsair Carbide 300R
    Mouse Swiftpoint The Z
    Headset Logitech G240

Thanks for being able to replicate it and posting it. That still was similar to the issue I had but slightly different.

Another thread to see - this happens on the Z370 too. Someone did a lot of research and testing on there. Also, the most recent stated their latest BIOS update fixed the issue without changing anything else.

Please review it and see if anything stands out. I hope someone will be reading through all this and knows the solution!

ROG Member Array

alright I'll check it out, i appreciate you being so persistent to help me resolve my issue
    Also as a side note, i dont think my problem is as bad as some. as its more of just a subtle pop rather than a crackle and its less frequent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast