cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G53SX Noise

sivl92
Level 7
I have got my new Asus G53SX few days ago and this sound came out and it's seeming loud. I don't know if it should be normal or not. Please help me. Is there an issue with the hardware?

Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8jy0o6D4Bc
7 REPLIES 7

BrodyBoy
Level 10
No, that doesn't sound normal. Is it coming out of the speakers, or is it mechanical?

dstrakele
Level 14
That doesn't sound normal to me. I recommend you exchange it for another unit or get a refund.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

it's from the bottom of the laptop. probably the processor or ram i don't know..

sivl92 wrote:
it's from the bottom of the laptop. probably the processor or ram i don't know..

Those components can't actually make noise. If it's not emantating from the speakers, it has to be moving parts.....like the fan, the optical drive, or a hard drive.

I agree with Drew.....just take at back and get a different one.

dstrakele
Level 14
Noisiest chips I've ever heard... ;>{)>

well it's not that loud, its only that loud because i put my mic near. but it's loud enough where when you have your headphones on without playing anything, you can still hear it.

You could make another video where the mic starts out at head level and stays there for 20 seconds and then moves slowly to the keyboard. Still, it does not sound normal to me.

It would also be useful if you could talk in a normal voice so we can compare your volume to the noise from your laptop.