cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VII WIFI - Keyboard bios issues

Mentaelis
Level 7
Hello,

I recently purchased a crosshair VII for my r5 2600x and to my dismay my keyboard isn't supported.

The keyboard I am trying to use is Gamdias Hermes Ultimate and despite of hiting del, it simply wont let me get into bios and even when I use another keyboard to enter the bios: The hermes keyboard still doesn't work even inside the UEFI/Bios itself.

Now I am aware the workaround is just to "use a cheap generic keyboard" and enter bios that way, but when you buy the top of the line board for your CPU, you'd expect support for keyboards to follow. Anyone else had the issue with their keyboards, or have you possibly found workarounds?

I have tried different ports, both USB3 and 2, along with front panel ports without any luck. Like I said, a generic keyboard enters the bios just fine.

My keyboard in question can be found here http://www.gamdias.com/products-en-gb/keyboards/herms-ultimate-en-gb
2 REPLIES 2

Mister_Advance
Level 7
F2 :P?

Keyboard works in Windows?
Tried another keyboard?
Had also a mainboard a couple of years ago, that didnt register my wireless keyboard in the post, hAd to plugin a usb keyboard every time i wanted to boot to the bios.

Keyboard works in windows. Like I said, boots fine with a generic keyboard. - Was wondering if this is a common issue and/or if there is a workaround for this.