cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS POSTS, freezes detecting VGA. Any Ideas?

roarWolfy
Level 7
Greetings,
I will try to keep this quick and simple. My Zenith stopped booting today randomly. I powered it on, BIOS speaker chirped once for a POST success. Screen comes on and says, "BIOS is updating LED firmware. Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failure." POST code 92. Load VGA BIOS. Stayed that way for several hours to almost 20 hours.
At this point I powered it down and attempted to clear the message, unplugging everything besides 1 stick of ram, my graphics card, keyboard, mouse and monitor still would bring up this same screen. Swapping my Asus 1080Ti or a NVS 300 resulted in same message.
This message appears before any chance to enter BIOS setup
Clearing CMOS or complete power downs with battery removal fail to clear this message
Attempting a crashfree BIOS 3 procedure fails, even after pressing BIOS button with the Zenith's USB service USB Drive plugged into the BIOS USB Slot. (BOOT LED Lit)
Moved Both Graphics Cards to my old X79 System. Both boot into Windows without any issues.
POSTing without a Graphics Card will result in BIOS going to detect a HDD/SDD, detects it then beeps at me due to a lack of a VGA. (VGA and BOOT LED Lit).

I am out of ideas and starting to believe it is time for an RMA since I can not interact with the BIOS by any means to even attempt a new flash or BIOS Settings. I moved to my old system for now. Anyone got any ideas? Otherwise I will move straight to a RMA request. I search these forums, and tried several searches on yahoo and google for an answer but no luck. If a related article does exist I do appreciate a point to that direction.

Thank you!

AMD Threadripper 1900X, Asus Zenith Extreme X399, T-Force Nighthawk 3200MHz RAM 2x8GB, nVidia Asus Geforce 1080Ti, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w T2, Samasung 960 EVO M.2 (BOOT), WD 4TB Caviar Black 256MB Cache HDD (Data).
2 REPLIES 2

Jaye95
Level 7

Jaye95 wrote:
I have pretty similar issue: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101926-Z370-E-BIOS-update-loop

No luck so far.

yeah I just proceeded with the RMA, Tech support suggested it first reply back. Especially since Bios Flashback did not work on my board it seemed the only option. Good luck with your issue