Threaded View

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zammin PC Specs
    Zammin PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel 9900K (Conductonaut Applied)
    Memory (part number)G Skill 3200Mhz Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200Mhz CL16
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 600
    Headset Astro A50 (Gen 2)
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305 Mk II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Having trouble moving from Manual Voltage to Adaptive Voltage

Hi everyone

First let me say that I am not an experienced overclocker by any means, I only have experience doing basic overclocking with manual voltage. Please don't crucify me if I misunderstand something or make a mistake.

With that out the way, I have a Maximus X Hero Z370 motherboard and I am currently running my 8700k at 4.8Ghz with a manual Vcore of 1.275V in BIOS (1.264V read by AIDA64, CPUID, AI suite etc) and LLC level 6. DRAM is just set to XMP 3200mhz (G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB). The system is stable during AIDA64 FPU stress test and can complete a Realbench stress test without error. The core voltage reading stays at 1.264V in all situations.

I have read other threads on this forum that say it's not ideal to be on LLC level 6 and full voltage all the time so I am trying to change to adaptive voltage. I have followed this guide in an attempt to do so: http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/kaby-lak...163.1518169370

I understand the guide is for Kaby Lake CPUs but I am led to believe that the process remains the same for Coffee Lake and the BIOS UI is more or less the same.

The issue I am having is that after following the instructions in the guide, when i run AIDA64 FPU stress test to test stability, the core voltage continually drops and the CPU clock speed drops with it. The voltage will start at 1.264 and after starting the test it will gradually reduce all the way down to 1.00V and the clock speed to 4Ghz before I cancel the test.

I have included some screenshots of my BIOS settings that I used, please let me know if I have missed any important information and I will do my best to provide it. Any help would be appreciated. For now I have just reverted to my manual voltage settings.