cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX GL703 RAM Form Factor?

NomadXIII
Level 7
Hello all,

I'm trying to replace my laptop's RAM because I keep getting page fault errors. After trying every fix I could find, the last resort presented to me was to replace the RAM. However, I'm not sure whether the laptop uses a 240-pin or 288-pin DIMM (the only two form factor options available for 8GB and 16GB DDR4-SDRAMs).

Does anyone know which I should get? Or how I can find out?

Also, any suggestions on which brands are reliable?

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Peneoark
Level 9
I checked hardware stats on my GL703VD, and it says that my RAM is Samsung M471A2K43CB1-CRC.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FastM
Level 8
you need SO-DIMM ram (small outline) DDR4 which is designed for laptops and or small form factor PC’s.

the normal sized DIMM is meant for desktops.

FastM wrote:
you need SO-DIMM ram (small outline) DDR4 which is designed for laptops and or small form factor PC’s.

the normal sized DIMM is meant for desktops.

Thanks for clearing this up, I was curious about the difference between DIMM and SO-DIMM

Peneoark
Level 9
I checked hardware stats on my GL703VD, and it says that my RAM is Samsung M471A2K43CB1-CRC.

Peneoark wrote:

I literally looked at this when I took my RAM out... Not sure why I didn't just punch that in and search. Two hits on Amazon.

NomadXIII wrote:
I literally looked at this when I took my RAM out... Not sure why I didn't just punch that in and search. Two hits on Amazon.

You don't even have to take your RAM out to see what it is 😉

Is your laptop still under warranty?

does upgrading the ram from 8 to 16 invalid the warranty?